Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I just bought a 2008 GSX-R600, bike has a Power Commander on it, FI light is on with code C40, I have a HealTech OBD tool and I’ve tried hooking it up and resetting the ISC valve, I got the light to go off but it came back on fairly quickly.

My idle was at 1450 rpm, I was reading and sounds like it should be around 1300... would this be the cause of the bike throwing the code? If yes, how can I adjust the idle and turn it down a little?.. I just got the HealTech tool so I’m not familiar with it, I’m hoping I can adjust it with this tool.

If the idle being too high is not the issue what else could be the cause of the code?.. bike runs fine, I’ve had zero issues with it, but the light is annoying and I would like it to be off so I know when something is actually wrong.

·
Premium Member
4,596 Posts
should be an idle adjust on the TB rail somewhere?

maybe unplug the power commander see what happens, go form there, try to isolate whats making it idle up so you can address it, check for vacuum leaks while your on it..

how's it running otherwise?

·
Premium Member
510 Posts
Google, Suzuki GSXR fault codes C40 ISC, it will lead you to Gixxer threads.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
should be an idle adjust on the TB rail somewhere?

maybe unplug the power commander see what happens, go form there, try to isolate whats making it idle up so you can address it, check for vacuum leaks while your on it..

how's it running otherwise?
Everything I was reading online said it can’t be adjusted manually, if that’s wrong, I’d love to know where I can find the idle adjust screw.

Bike runs fine, just the annoying light.

·
Dreaming of buttsecks for years...
14,323 Posts
If you have the tool to be able to relearn the ISC, remove the ISC, clean it and the socket on the TB and reinstall.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts