Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I replaced the the sprocket cover on my track bike which is a 07 Gsxr750 and not sure why it cracked. Well I noticed at the track the new cover also started to crack. I did notice that the old cover it had a grooved hole develop in the inside and I think came from the metal rod that come out on the left side of the engine. I have not taken thenew one off yet to inspect it.Not sure what is causing it..Need help...Thanks Ray

Attachments

·
Premium Member
24,541 Posts
I did notice that the old cover it had a grooved hole develop in the inside and I think came from the metal rod that come out on the left side of the engine. I have not taken thenew one off yet to inspect it.Not sure what is causing it..Need help...Thanks Ray
Are you referring to the clutch push rod?? #27 on the parts fiche below
Motorsports Honda Yamaha Suzuki Kawasaki Motorcycle Dealer ATV Greenville NC Used Sport Bikes Eastern North Carolina Hustler mower, Honda Power equi

·
Premium Member
24,541 Posts
That looks like the it was caused by the allen bolt that holds the rotor for the speedometer sensor. have you changed sprockets? It should be fairly easy to see whats making contact when you go to install the cover....

·
Premium Member
24,541 Posts
Lol,once you posted pics of the inside of the cracked cover I knew right away it was from the allen head bolt that holds the rotor for the speedo sensor.:thumbup

1 - 11 of 11 Posts