Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need some help with my gixser 600. it has 20000 miles on it. But for some reason from past few weeks I noticed few things which are

1. Fuel light is on always - Even when the tank is full.
2. When the bike is on neutral. The neutral light will not glow.
3. On the display it does not show which gear I am on.

Any help is greatly appreciated. Let me know how I can rectify the problem.

Thanks,
Don

·
Registered
41 Posts
May need more info. Was the bike crashed? Or did the wiring harness get damaged? Also, any water intrusion. Did all these symptoms occur suddenly? or were they separate events? Pics work wonders too.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
May need more info. Was the bike crashed? Or did the wiring harness get damaged? Also, any water intrusion. Did all these symptoms occur suddenly? or were they separate events? Pics work wonders too.
The bike was laid down (Right side) two years ago i.e in 2017. After that I replaced the head lights and fairing and also added HID Xenon Headlight Conversion Kit.

During Summer July 2019 I could see that the Neutral Light started to behave weirdly sometimes the light will come on and some times not. So I left it thinking that some be some lose connection. But now the neutral light does not work.

The Fuel light is on from two weeks. I seriously HAVE NO IDEA WHY? I removed the speedometer and checked the connection if there is any problem and found none.

Gear sensor light went in and out from the time i changed my chain.

Attachments

·
Registered
286 Posts
The bike was laid down (Right side) two years ago i.e in 2017. After that I replaced the head lights and fairing and also added HID Xenon Headlight Conversion Kit.

During Summer July 2019 I could see that the Neutral Light started to behave weirdly sometimes the light will come on and some times not. So I left it thinking that some be some lose connection. But now the neutral light does not work.

The Fuel light is on from two weeks. I seriously HAVE NO IDEA WHY? I removed the speedometer and checked the connection if there is any problem and found none.

Gear sensor light went in and out from the time i changed my chain.
Check electrical plugs for corrosion they aren't the best on Suzuki's clean if required with electrical cleaner or you can use wd40 or acf50 or the neutral sensor may need replacing also do you have a t.r.e fitted as these can stop the gear display working fuel light problem I'm not sure about hope this helps.

·
Registered
286 Posts
Also his conversion can cause issues I bought my k1 with a hid kit fitted and I was having issues with my speedo so removed it and fitted standard bulbs all works perfectly now.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts