Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Last week the motorcycle died on me while riding. Quickly pointed it towards the rectifier, which has been replaced. Then, there was an issue of my ignition fuse blowing every time the ignition switch was engaged so I bought a used ECU. The "new" ECU doesn't blow the ignition fuse but now my fuel pump will not prime and I still have a "chec" light on. Did I receive a bad ECU or is there something else that could have gone wrong? NOTE: I did not replace the stator

·
Registered
8 Posts
Last week the motorcycle died on me while riding. Quickly pointed it towards the rectifier, which has been replaced. Then, there was an issue of my ignition fuse blowing every time the ignition switch was engaged so I bought a used ECU. The "new" ECU doesn't blow the ignition fuse but now my fuel pump will not prime and I still have a "chec" light on. Did I receive a bad ECU or is there something else that could have gone wrong? NOTE: I did not replace the stator
Weird situation, is it generating any fault codes in dealer mode?

Fuel pump could be due to a loose wire from lifting the tank? Else something else could be damaged from previous rectifier letting go? See if the F1 codes give you any insight?

·
I know things... A lot of things.
3,124 Posts
'CHEC' generally means the ECU isn't online. That's usually because it's not powered for some reason, but it may also be a faulty ECU, since it's a new one. You'll need to troubleshoot for a more educated guess.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts