Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2007 GSX-R600 that won’t start up. It was riding fine the other day but now won’t start up at all. It sounded like a fuel issue because the bike was bogging and idling very low. Now when I turn the key it sounds like it wants to start but I get nothing. The bike starts with ether/starting fluid so I don’t think it is anything electrical. I checked the fuel pump and filter. The pump is priming and pumping fuel when I turn the key on. I’m not sure if it could be the fuel pressure because I have not tested that yet or the injectors. I’m not sure where I should go next. Any help would be appreciated. I can post a video of the bike trying to start up if it would help.

· Registered
12 Posts
Does your engine crank? is your battery charged and in good condition?

If your bike is just idling low, you can try adjusting your idle screw to see if that makes a difference.

Also, purchase a can of Easy-start fluid, if your bike starts when you spray it in, then you know it IS a fuel issue, otherwise start checking your spark plugs and electrical on your throttle body. maybe a connection has come loose somewhere.

(old, subgrade fuel may also cause this, but the bike should still start though.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.