Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Chubby Chaser
57,844 Posts
Wet/Normal/Sport

Those are the names for the 3 settings supposedly. Not sure if it's both and ignition and fuel mapping change or if it's just one or the other. Like maybe an adjustable TRE that retards the ignition timing to varying degrees.

·
Registered
1,174 Posts
I guess I'm old fashioned, but it seems like needless electronics/complexity to me. The motorcycling community has made it to this point without selectable mapping/ignition. And BTW, who the hell is riding in the rain to the point that they are trying to exploit the last nth degree of the hp. Seems like a foolish idea and another thing that can potentially malfunction or throw an error code to the ECU. I prefer a much more 'basic' riding experience, I guess.

·
Premium Member
754 Posts
I think it's a lame feature myself -- added complexity, and makes it more difficult to modify the bike (PC3, etc.)

If you can't control the throttle in the rain, you're not on the right bike IMO.

Some kind of real traction control would be very useful, but different maps, I'll pass.

·
Registered
1,319 Posts
Japanese auto makers have been using this technology in automobilles for years.. It really isn't anything new.. All it does is change the ignition timing per map. The newest mod for this bike will be the removal of it. I'm sure within the next few years all HP sport bikes will come factory with some sort of limiter as power etc is increased. But they will always have a way of removing it with aftermarket goodies.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.