Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone, newcomer here. Im looking at purchasing a 2007 GSX-R 100. The issue is the bike is flat black on black. I read an article that says that this color scheme was unavailable in the US. I was hoping someone could clarify whether or not this is the case? I have links to bikes ad and the article I can pm as I am not able to post links. Thanks!

·
Captain Obvious ... because obviously it’s obvious
3,859 Posts
The black models of the K7-K8 were a combination of flat and gloss black. If it's missing stickers or is not exactly like the pictures of the combination, it's likely aftermarket.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the response Nick. I actually pm'd you with the ad hoping youd take a look if you dont mind. It does look correct to me but the article saying they arent US colors worries me.

·
You should listen to me. No, seriously, listen to
7,713 Posts
Years ago I copied the K7 1000 specifications off of the Suzuki USA website. They listed the colors as Blue/White, Black/Orange, Yellow/Silver, and Black. Take it for what you will. I also seem to recall comments, possibly here, that it was good that all black was finally available again. It used to be possible to look through bikepics and limit things to specific engines and years. There were lots of errors, particularly with bikes in places like Iran(!). But it wasn't that hard to filter out the obvious errors. What you'd be looking for are early pics (soon after the bike was released), unmolested (original mufflers & decals), and where the owner/bike was located. However the last time I was there, they'd mixed everything together making it a real PITA to find anything. Perhaps there's more now if you register.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts