Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just picked up a 2007 gsxr 1k and need to know how much oil it holds with filter change.I didnt get an owners manual and am new to the 1ks.I had a turbo Hayabusa before this.Also can you recommend a synthetic oil and grade.Thanks in advance

·
Wants Robert Pattinson to explore his Twilight Sta
3,415 Posts
i believe wally beast is correct. i usually just put the oil in until it is a little below the full line. then run the bike for about 2min and then shut it off and let the bike sit for a few hrs so that all the oil can drain back into the pan. usually i will have to add about 150-200ml more and call it a day.

as for a good oil that is cheap, well i only throw shell rotella 5w40 blue bottle synthetic from wally world. i have seen motors after 65k miles of this stuff and it looks new. good quality oil for cheap. more important to what oil you are using is how often you change it.

i change mine every 750 miles to 1000miles depending on how i have ridden

j

·
Registered
14 Posts
If you aren't trying to get by with as little money as possible... Amsoil is the way to go IMO. The best fully synthetic that I've used.

Smooth.

As for the amounts, the owner's manual says:

*For an oil and filter change, about 3.5 quarts (3300 ml).

*For just an oil change without changing the filter, about 3.2 quarts (3000 ml).

I have found that to be pretty close, too. I just always use a little less than that, run it, and then let it settle. Then I add until it looks about right.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts