Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Chubby Chaser
57,844 Posts
Palomartian said:
Rossi did not win. Hayden did. That would make Hayden the best. See how that works?

I would say it's a combination of riding abilities, team capabilities and luck.

Is Hayden a better rider than Rossi? I would say no. Hayden only had 2 race wins to Rossi's 5, and Assen was handed to him when Colin crashed in the last turn of the race, had Colin kept it up for that 1 last turn, it would have denied Hayden 5 points and he would have lost the title with him and Rossi ending in a tie for points :). I would say Laguna though was a strong showing that he earned (needless to say Rossi was coming like a freight train before his bike blew up).

Does Hayden have a better team? Maybe, he suffered far less mechanical woes this season than Rossi.

Luck? Well they both had their turns getting taken out by other riders.

·
Registered
955 Posts
It's just nice to see him win. He deserved it.....period.

·
Registered
4,712 Posts
I thought the best part of the race was at the end, when Rossi rode up to Nicky and placed his hand on Nicky's forearm to congratulate him, as well as Nicky bowing his head in grateful acceptance. That was a really nice gesture on Rossi's part, what with all the allegations of overtaking under a yellow flag that the Honda team unsuccessfully levelled against Rossi/Yamaha in the last race.

Yesterday's race didn't turn out to be the cliffhanger that we all thought it would be, but it was satisfying nonetheless, to see Nicky take the title. He and his team deserved it.

Now, where the f_ _* was Suzuki? Oh well, hope for something better from them next year.

·
Registered
6,037 Posts
you couldn't have scripted the season any better. good on Rossi for trying a comeback instead of just leaving it lying in the kitty litter. wtf happened to him though? qualified on the front row, yipped the start and then couldn't make a dent in the times of the front runners? I'm thinking he may have messed up tire choice in a big way.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.