Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hello, newbie here.

does anybody know if theres going to be a new body style for 06 on the gxsr? i tried to look it up and couldnt find. I like the looks of the 05 but i dont want to regret buying it if the one that comes out is better looking.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
not trying to start rumors ... heard from the dealer that its speculation.. just asking if anybody knows.. how often do they change body style anyways

·
Registered
6,771 Posts
I was told by my dealer that the 06's would have new body styles.

I also read somewhere that the 600/750 designs are always a year behind the 1k.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thanks man... kinda stuck here now... want to get a new bike but i really would like to see how the 06 is going to look like. The dealer said that it wont come out till Dec and it will be too cold to ride by then.
oh well, i guess ill try to be patient and wait

·
Registered
8,423 Posts
The new models will be lucky to be out in March. Look for a release date to be close to what the 1000 was this year.

·
Registered
6,771 Posts
The new models will be lucky to be out in March. Look for a release date to be close to what the 1000 was this year.
With a new design you might be right...but I wouldn't be surprised to see them before years end. I may be wrong but for some reason I think the new 04 came out in Nov 03.

FWIW the new bodystyle should look very similar to the 05 1k. If this happens I may be looking at a new bike at the end of 06.

·
Registered
8,423 Posts
With a new design you might be right...but I wouldn't be surprised to see them before years end. I may be wrong but for some reason I think the new 04 came out in Nov 03.

FWIW the new body style should look very similar to the 05 1k. If this happens I may be looking at a new bike at the end of 06.
You're wrong...... They are just now talking about it + it is a year early for a redesign....... = a delay in having the bikes ready. They would have to be ready for production in a month or so to make the deadline. The 1000 is 1 bike that was due for a model change and it was late, so 2 bikes being a year early...........

You're wrong Midge!

·
Registered
3,302 Posts
I was told by my dealer that the 06's would have new body styles.

I also read somewhere that the 600/750 designs are always a year behind the 1k.

Yep....pics should be out in Sept.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts