Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just purchased this bike. Love it. It had the F1-C46 code. SET valve problem. I tried to make adjustments to eliminate code but it didn't work so I purchased the Servo Buddy. I just installed it and turned the bike on. No more code. Is it necessary to completely remove the SET Valve assembly or can it be left in place? Also I have the service manual but am not sure in what way the "OPEN" position is indicating. See attached pic from service manual. Is the service manual showing the position "Closed" or "Open" as shown in the attached pic? Thanks.

Attachments

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
OK. It seems the best place to check to ensure the butterfly valve is open is at the exhaust itself. Obviously, right? Still the question I have and can't find anywhere on the forums is can the assembly be left in place after installing the servo buddy? The valve should remain open regardless of whether or not the cables are connected or the actuator motor is in place so long as the power is disconnected, right??? Any reason not to leave everything in place?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts