Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Please help! Hey guys so girls bike died out on her yesterday when we took it for a ride k6 gsxr600. parked it for 10 min tried to start it up was like the battery was drained and dash resets it self. Everything lights up as should fuel pump primed but had to bump start it to get it going and made it home. once we got home parked the bike shut it off a few times and turned it back on with no problems. but as soon as i let the bike cool down for a over an hour back to the same thing wont start. Now what’s happening to her bike happened to me on my cbr954 when the rectifier shit the bed. my guess would be a bad rectifier, bad stator, bad starter relay, bad starter switch or bad stater motor? Battery is fully charged so I’m ruling it out. Please help thanks guys!

·
Ex-Lady Supermod
16,100 Posts
Per the service manual, check your charging system. Your bike is well known for having electrical issues due to rectifier being directly behind the radiator. Whether it needs to be replaced or not, relocate it from behind the radiator.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks man i wish i could post a video on here but cant upload it everyone on the gsxr page on fb seems to think its the rectifier already making a new bracket to mount it and have a new r/r coming in the mail. the r/r on the bike rn is cracked on the back side like a dry rotted tire so im hoping thats the issue

·
Ex-Lady Supermod
16,100 Posts
It looks like it may be on its way out. The preferred rectifier is a mosfet rectifier and be sure to relocate it to the side.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts