Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2006 gsxr 750 cam chain tensioner, how to make it extend. I can turn it in ok and get it to compress and lock but I can't get it to extend when pressing on the end. I've tried moving the c-clips . this is frustrating.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Is this a manual Cam chain tensioner? I thought the OEM ones are self adjusting? I'm not sure what you mean about you cam turn it in- tighten it, but you can't get it to extend?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
its self adjusting, but when you remove it , it has to compressed(by turning) before reinstalling.and the chain guide will hit it and cause it to extend. I'm trying to make it function before installing but I can't get it to work. ...I followed the repair manual. turn the housing until the lower c-clip engages. then apparently when you tap the end it should extend. I can't for the life of me figure out this simple thing. has anyone dealt with these stupid things....o_O

·
Registered
35 Posts
its self adjusting, but when you remove it , it has to compressed(by turning) before reinstalling.and the chain guide will hit it and cause it to extend. I'm trying to make it function before installing but I can't get it to work. ...I followed the repair manual. turn the housing until the lower c-clip engages. then apparently when you tap the end it should extend. I can't for the life of me figure out this simple thing. has anyone dealt with these stupid things....o_O
IIRC, My OEM one I had had a ratchet sort of thing, It would ratchet out and get stuck, and was held there by oil pressure.
Why did you remove it anyways?
Mine worked OK, but I installed a MCCT anyways, no more cam chain noise.
Sorry, I can't help you, someone here will be able to.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hi, I cannot get the auto adjuster on my 2006 750 to extend without messing with the c-clip(while it off the bike) and I can't do this with the adjuster installed. I can turn the adjuster in and have it lock on the c-clip but I cannot get it to unlock by tapping the end. the position of the c-clip doesn't seem to matter.....sooo frustrating

1 - 6 of 6 Posts