Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i bought a 06 gsxr 600 as my first bike and with me being a novice i bought one with a 750 dash in it and didnt find out until i was home after i purchased it, it has a hot start issue and doesnt want to rev all the way, could that be a problem stemming from it having the wrong dash in it? i put a new starter and stator and rectifier on it, its not vapor locking, i have checked most of the wiring and haven't found any issues, im stumped, im pretty mechanically inclined and i have tried everything i think to fix the issue and now im wondering if the dash could be causing it.any ideas?

·
I know things... A lot of things.
3,170 Posts
No, the dash shouldn't cause any issues. Do you see FI flashing on it, where the coolant temperature readout is?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
no theres no fi but the oil lamp turns on at random times sometimes it stays on for 3-4 minutes after i start it up but the oil level is fine

·
3,170 Posts
When you say "they oil lamp", I assume you mean the general fault indicator, the red led in the upper right corner. When it lights up, do you see an icon of an oiler on the display? If so, don't run the engine until you figure out what's causing it. It might just be a bad pressure switch, or something might actually be preventing buildup of oil pressure. Either way, you need to fix this.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yeah its the little red light that looks like a lamp haha but it doesnt say check or fi on it when the red light comes on, it doesnt throw any codes, but i will check that out

·
3,170 Posts
Again, that warning line comes on in several circumstances. FI codes are one; others include low oil pressure, in which case there should also be an oiler icon on the dash display, or hight temperature, when a thermometer icon should be visible. Check what the light is trying to tell you and then why.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts