Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just picked up a gsxr 600, ignition fuse pop when key is turned to the on position with the killswitch in the run position. Replaced all other fuses and battery, pulled the rectifier off to test, new one is on the way. Fuel pump doesn't prime when switch is set to on. Where should I start looking? No codes when put in dealer mode because I replaced the battery...

·
I know things... A lot of things.
3,172 Posts
How can you have checked for codes when you can't power the ECU, because the fuse pops? I'd suggest getting a service manual, looking up the wiring diagram and tracing it to determine the parts that are "behind" the ignition fuse. You can then go over the relevant wiring, looking for obvious signs of trouble and, if necessary, trying to disconnect all of them, connecting them back one at a time, until the fuse pops. (A less invasive approach, would be to measure the resistance across the fuse terminals, with the fuse removed, while reconnecting the parts one at a time. When the resistance falls below 15/(fuse rating), so about 1.5Ω, you've probably found the short. This approach depends on the short not being after some active part though, like a relay or something similar, which only closes when powered.)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts