Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello guys,

So, i´m new here in the forum, but i´m also new working with ECUs and stuff like this...
I normally work on Car/Trucks ECUs / Engines, but now i need some help from the Experts here because i´m helping a friend on his bike that has No Spark.

So, he told me that the bike was running fine, and after a stop he made, the bike didn't started anymore.
He started to check his bike like he normally does, but he cant find the issue so he asked if i can help him out checking the bike and see if its the ECU or whats going on with the bike...
I stared to check wiring's and all seems OK. There is a connector on the right side of the engine with some sort of "T" junction cables that seems to be some sort of "earth/negative" distribution wiring that had a short (we see the plastics all burned) but the wiring's seem to be all fine...
So, i started to check wirings from/to the ECU and they all seem to be OK.
I was also able to get a service manual that seems to match the bike wiring colors (at least on the ECU side), although its dated 2005.
In the ECU we are getting 11.5V, but i dont know if this is too much since i read that it should be around 6 to 8/8.5V, and i honestly don't know if this is affecting anything...
Also checked CKP sensor and the resistance is under the acceptable range, made the bypass for the Tip Over Sensor, same results. Made some "manual" wiring to the ECU and was only able to reduce voltage to ±9.3V, but also same result (No Spark)...
The bike cranks, and we can hear the fuel pump, but there is no spark...
The dash only works the "neutral" light warning and the lights for the dash but all the rest isn't working. I already tried to "re-solder" the dash PCB components with an hot air station, but still doesn't work, so we cant put the bike in dealer mode to check on the fault codes...

we still need to check several things, but i was hoping that some expert here could help us out and pointing some tips to see what is missing for us to check...
Also, is there any way to get the fault code with some computer soft-cable out there?
How could i check this ECU to make sure that its not faulty or burned?
I want to open this ECU to check the PCB, but because it's filled with "silicone" all around i´m kind of running away of doing that...

If anyone could help us out i would really appreciate...
Also if anyone has any ECU for this bike that wants to sell at a good price please let me know...
The ECU ref is this one:
322920-01H10
112100-5121
12V NEP0II

Thanks

· Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
can anyone help me out wit the resitance values for the CMP sensor?
i was able to fix the dash and check basically all wirings and they are all ok.
changed the CKP sensor and i´m getting 0.32v (+-). so its according to specs.
but i still have now spark on the bike. coils are getting voltage but no signal from ECU/CDI
measuring the CMP sensor resistance i´m getting 1.6ohms, but i dont know if this is under specs...

also, with the sensor disconected i´m not getting any codes on the bike. is this normal?
can anyone help me out here?

Thanks

· Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
thanks. i hopei can get some help because i really need to fix this bike.
Its from a friend but its his only way of transport...
will be waitign if someone can help me out...
will try to have someone today here with me to try and help me out to, but all suggestions or help will be Very Much Appreciated...

Thanks

· Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Keep it simple. How do you know there's no spark? Did you try dribbling a little fuel in the intakes and then cranking it?
i have all coils out with the spark plugs, and (of course i have them grounded) when i crank the bike there is no spark.
Also i tried to "manually" test the coils and spark (conecting 12v+ and ground dirrectly to coils) they work.

does the CMP sensor has anything to do with the No Spark Condition?

thanks

· Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Have an oem ignition? It's required. Tho, the fuel pump shouldn't work with out it.
So, the CMP sensor seems to be faulty. When we crank the bike we get the C11 code.
So I'm trying to get one this afternoon to test this out...
All the rest works good. CKP voltage, fuel pump, and ignition.
Yes the ignition is the original one.

· Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
ok guys, so i finally was able to fix the No spark on the bike...
it turns out to be a Faulty CMP Sensor...
Now i just need to clean all up and assemble all back together...

thanks for All the Comments...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.