Chubby Chaser
57,844 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yes? No?

Any new word on this?

·
Registered
548 Posts
I've heard Suzuki is going to drop the hayabusa instead of updating it.
They say it is redundant with the new 1000 on the market.

·
Registered
637 Posts
well the hayabusa and the gsxr1k5 are different niche markets. so it would be dumb if they drop it, but they do need to update it, last update they had on it was the 2nd year out

·
Registered
340 Posts
I guess since the ZX12 is redundant to the ZX10R they will do away with it too. Makes since to me

·
Premium Member
24,541 Posts
Buddy that works for Suzuki went to Japan for a dealer meeting or something a while back and spoke to some of the VP's....new Bus is supposed to be a 1400&re-designed.Possibly 2006,or 2007

·
Chubby Chaser
57,844 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Have you seen the new 1K and a Hayabusa sitting next to one another on the showroom. It's apples and oranges. Or more like apples and watermelons.

·
Registered
525 Posts
I don't think they'll drop it, but I wouldn't hold my breath for changes, I mean why bother it has it's own little market nitch, the tooling is all payed for, and it has the rep as being the fastest production bike ever made, I thinking it will be like the VMAX just there for a long time unchanged with it's own following of people love it (I was sold in 3/8 of a mile). I was riding a GSXR 1000 for the last 2 years and my friend ask me to drag race his stock 2002 Busa I had never been on one before that night I made 3 passes completely annihating a 2005 ZX10 on 2 of the passes (only raced him twice), when I was done my friend said you should get one 2 weeks later I have my first Busa a 2005 LE. Awesome Bike Period! I say Don't mess with perfection!!

·
Registered
548 Posts
I'm not knocking the king. Only repeating rumours I've heard. I own a busa and love it. I really do hope they update it instead of dropping it or replacing it.

I had a vmax. Hated the bike. Shame on Yamaha for producing a bike for 20 years without eliminating its serious faults in all that time.

·
Registered
2,115 Posts
I have it from a relaible source (who has been spot on and never wrong so far)

All he could say was " K7 for new busa "

·
Registered
8 Posts
the only thing that will change is the paint scheme. Only a few "little trinkets" have changed.

04 pass light, 4 way flashers and paint, silver lip on the rim
05 clear turn signals and paint

Every year there is supposed to be a redesigned busa but never is.

·
Registered
346 Posts
No,it's going to be uglyer then that

1 - 20 of 24 Posts