Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Banned
1,614 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just asking that you guys put a friend of mine in your prayers. Yesterday we were all riding and just as we were haeding home, a friend of mine had a horrific accident. It seems that when he rolled on the throttle the thing picked right up (this guy can walk a bike pretty damn good) he held it there for a few then it began to wobble. As the wobble increased, the bike came closer and closer to the 12 o'clock position then came out from under him. It threw him and began to scatter debri for at least a quarter of a mile. Also, it didn't help that we were on a country backroad where the roads have the rocks inbedded into it. If not for his protective gear, ...I hate to imagine) The only part not covered was his hands...which looked pretty bad. He was rushed to the ER and found no broken bones. However from the cuts and rash, he'll be in the recoup phase for a while. From the look of the bike afterward...I should call him Blessed.

·
Premium Member
73,234 Posts
best of luck to your friend, i hope for a speedy recovery.

·
Registered
3,340 Posts
Damn

·
Banned
1,614 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
so, how much for the bike?
Dude, all that's left was the rear wheel, subframe, and frame from which the tank was hanging. It's scrap metal. By the way, I asked for your prayers, not bids.

·
Registered
9,968 Posts
so your friend was stunting on a public road with full gear yet no gloves? he has rashed hands and thats all? sounds like he doesn't need prayers but a set of gloves.

are you saying the engine was ripped out of the frame?

·
Banned
1,614 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
No, he wasn't stunting, he got on the throttle while running with an R1 and the thing came up too fast. Oh, by the way, sorry for not mentioning that yes the motor is still in there minus the oil pan stator covers, cracked head holes where it ripped the headers out. If you want, I'll post up an address and you can shoot him some gloves in the mail, since its,s apparent that you.....screw it...not going to waste my or your time.

·
Registered
9,968 Posts
oh, great, he wasn't stunting. He was 'just' racing on the street.

Sounds like a dumb ass.

PM me his address, I'll send him a pair of gloves, I got plenty. You'd think if some one can afford a $10k bike, a pair of gloves would be cheap insurance.

·
Registered
3,291 Posts
Praying is not my thing but I hope your friend recovers soon and completely. But you just have to ask, of all the gear not wear... Gloves
if you go down one of the first things to hit the ground is your hands.

·
Banned
1,614 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanks, you just have to over look some of the people in here, but when their time somes, I'll still pray for them...I ain't mad atcha although dude is a ahole.

·
Registered
1,685 Posts
sorry about your friend bro
hope his recovery is a quick one!

·
Registered
758 Posts
Hope he feels better. Most people risk there lifes more & more everyday on bikes doing stupid stunts and riding in & out of traffic at high speed.

·
Registered
1,557 Posts
WebCrush got it bang on IMO, nice one fella. So the front comes up and ... normally at this point, someone who isn't stunting will close the throttle.. but no wait.. the guy holds it, then opens the throttle some more.. okay, that's stunting.

I hope your friend is okay, but I do have to wonder about the lack of gloves, what was he thinking? I hope his insurance covers the bike, that's a horrible way to start the year on a new bike.

1 - 20 of 50 Posts