Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
my 05 gixxer 1000 wont go faster than 186. where is the limiter and how do i override it. im guessing a TRE but im not sure on the 05. anyone know??

·
Is Sexually Attracted To The Guys on GDC
21,546 Posts

·
Registered
5,694 Posts
when i hit 88mph i go back in time! 1.21 jiggawatts bish!!!!111
Where the hell did you find a flux capacitor? I've checked everywhere and everyone is out of stock!

·
Registered
327 Posts
when i hit 88mph i go back in time! 1.21 jiggawatts bish!!!!111
Where the hell did you find a flux capacitor? I've checked everywhere and everyone is out of stock!
Group discount !!

·
Registered
13 Posts
I have a 2k5 1k and I havn't had any such problem. The day after I took it for the 600mi service I brought it up too 198. This seems wierd to me that one bike would have it and another wouldn't. I bought mine in Florida - maybe that has something to do with it?

·
Registered
5,694 Posts
I have a 2k5 1k and I havn't had any such problem. The day after I took it for the 600mi service I brought it up too 198. This seems wierd to me that one bike would have it and another wouldn't. I bought mine in Florida - maybe that has something to do with it?

·
Registered
4,157 Posts
I have to do this

·
Premium Member
4,142 Posts
GREAT SCOTT! 198mph? Would that be on a public road?

·
Bearded Viking Admin...
131,133 Posts
Florida? TRAFFIC? Is that you?

·
Registered
5,694 Posts
Okay guy, in case your wondering what everyone is laughing at, here's the deal...
First of all, YES your bike has a top speed limiter... All recent model bikes do, in fact have for quite some time... They limit the speed to 300km/H (i.e. 186mph)...
So the MOST your speedometer could have shown was 186... NOT 198....
There are ways around it (TRE mod), but with a stock bike, it ain't happening...
Secondly, ALL bikes have an error in their speedometer.... Generally it's about 10%... So if your speedometer says your doing 100, your actually doing 90... Therefore, if your bike WAS pegged 186, you were still only actually doing about 167....

Now don't worry... It's not too late for you.... Here's what you need to do... First, click the "logout" button... Then go and sign up for a NEW username... Make sure it doesn't in any way resemble the old one... Next time you get ready to post something, make sure it's not

And for GOD SAKES go buy some fucking gear.... Or at least some fucking shoes... Better yet, sell that 1k, buy an SV650 or GS500 so you can learn to ride, and use the extra money to buy gear and shoes...

·
Is Sexually Attracted To The Guys on GDC
21,546 Posts
retard

·
Registered
252 Posts

Okay guy, in case your wondering what everyone is laughing at, here's the deal...
First of all, YES your bike has a top speed limiter... All recent model bikes do, in fact have for quite some time... They limit the speed to 300km/H (i.e. 186mph)...
So the MOST your speedometer could have shown was 186... NOT 198....
There are ways around it (TRE mod), but with a stock bike, it ain't happening...
Secondly, ALL bikes have an error in their speedometer.... Generally it's about 10%... So if your speedometer says your doing 100, your actually doing 90... Therefore, if your bike WAS pegged 186, you were still only actually doing about 167....

Now don't worry... It's not too late for you.... Here's what you need to do... First, click the "logout" button... Then go and sign up for a NEW username... Make sure it doesn't in any way resemble the old one... Next time you get ready to post something, make sure it's not

And for GOD SAKES go buy some fucking gear.... Or at least some fucking shoes... Better yet, sell that 1k, buy an SV650 or GS500 so you can learn to ride, and use the extra money to buy gear and shoes...

·
Registered
239 Posts
Why is it that as soon as someone makes a post saying they went fast on their SPORTBIKE, people assume it's on the street, that they ride without a helmet, pants, boots, jacket, gloves.... and then tells them to go sell their bike and learn to ride? I don't come to this site all the time, but a fair amount, and it seems there're so many posts where someone wants to do a wheelie, or know how fast their bike is (maybe cause they wanna ask instead of doing it themselves...), and then the replies are making fun of or discouraging the person. And that someone trying to answer someone else's question gets jumped on. Maybe his bike isn't stock... maybe he was on a track. What's with the high and mighty "I'm a smarter person than you for not riding my bike to it's fullest abilities." Be it street or track, why would you buy a SPORTbike to ride at a top speed of 75. What's the deal with that? It's gettin old... Why can't you just post what you know and keep your judgments to yourself, especially when you don't have enough info to make an accurate assumption....

·
Registered
47 Posts
My k5 would not go above 186,"on the speedo" and yes it was on the street. sue me. My zx12 passed me up like i was stopped, so that tells me that I wasnt doing 186.

·
Registered
5,694 Posts
Why is it that as soon as someone makes a post saying they went fast on their SPORTBIKE, people assume it's on the street, that they ride without a helmet, pants, boots, jacket, gloves.... and then tells them to go sell their bike and learn to ride? I don't come to this site all the time, but a fair amount, and it seems there're so many posts where someone wants to do a wheelie, or know how fast their bike is (maybe cause they wanna ask instead of doing it themselves...), and then the replies are making fun of or discouraging the person. And that someone trying to answer someone else's question gets jumped on. Maybe his bike isn't stock... maybe he was on a track. What's with the high and mighty "I'm a smarter person than you for not riding my bike to it's fullest abilities." Be it street or track, why would you buy a SPORTbike to ride at a top speed of 75. What's the deal with that? It's gettin old... Why can't you just post what you know and keep your judgments to yourself, especially when you don't have enough info to make an accurate assumption....
Did you actually even READ this guys post???
#1: He didn't just say he went fast.... He said he went 198... That's impossible with the speed limiter, and even impossible WITHOUT it unless he has some SERIOUS mods done to that bike...
#2: If his bike was anything but stock he wouldn't have said "maybe it's cause i bought mine in florida". He would have KNOWN why his bike would go faster than the other guy who was hitting the speed limiter.
#3: On a Track? He said himself he did it the day after his "600 mile service"
#4: I assume it's with no gear because of his fucking avatar... You know... THIS ONE...

Notice No helmet, No gloves, No pants, No boots... FUCK he doesn't even have shoes on...
#5: Riding your bike to it's fullest potential has absolutely nothing to do with being a retard...

1 - 20 of 45 Posts