Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My dealer just called me and said the bike will be ready for pick up on Tuesday the 8th of March. The only bad news is i didnt get the Blue & white i orignally wanted and have to settle for Yellow and black. No problem here. It could be hot pink and i would still pick it up. The day is finally here. I will not be able to sleep till then. I will be breaking her in quick and getting her on a dyno by the end of the week. To see what the reall deal is all about. I will post picks ASAP.

·
Registered
1,076 Posts
Thats great news, congrats!
Make sure to get rid of the oil ASAP, and if it contained any metal chips also get a new filter and fresh quality oil. Also get reference numbers preferable from other liter bikes from that dyno place.

·
GSX-R Enthusiast
2,546 Posts
05Gsxr1k said:
My dealer just called me and said the bike will be ready for pick up on Tuesday the 8th of March. The only bad news is i didnt get the Blue & white i orignally wanted and have to settle for Yellow and black. No problem here. It could be hot pink and i would still pick it up. The day is finally here. I will not be able to sleep till then. I will be breaking her in quick and getting her on a dyno by the end of the week. To see what the reall deal is all about. I will post picks ASAP.
Nice and congrats! Your in Jersey so that explains why your getting yours so fast.

·
Registered
34 Posts
I cant wait till I get mine. I sold my 1999 CBR 900 RR. Im happy to become part of the gixxer family. The first thing to go is that damn exhaust. Already have the Micron high pipe in hand. I am going to wait till the black/grays come in. I hear that the yellow/blacks were coming in before them all.

Drive safe,
Bill

·
GSX-R Enthusiast
2,546 Posts
05GIXXER1000 said:
I cant wait till I get mine. I sold my 1999 CBR 900 RR. Im happy to become part of the gixxer family. The first thing to go is that damn exhaust. Already have the Micron high pipe in hand. I am going to wait till the black/grays come in. I hear that the yellow/blacks were coming in before them all.

Drive safe,
Bill
Hey bro, lets just say we are all going to be in for a rude awakening from the performance of this bike.
I'm coming off of a 750. I didn't hear anything about the Y/B colors coming in first.

According to my dealer he was suppose to get one of each on the first shipment. I still might have a choice of color because the other deposits made no specific choice in color and he was going to call me first when the bikes came in. Plus the deposits may not follow thru either so it's all up in the air.

I think the Y/B will be nice and most will probably order the other colors. The Y/B is a very visible color in heavy traffic and might keep us noticed more by other drivers.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
My dealer said Y/B are the first to arrive, Dont know why. AS far as performance goes im only looking at a after market dampner, and slip on pipe. I just came off a 03 Gsxr 1000 and everything on that worked great with the same mods and some suspension fine tuning. thats all folks.

·
Registered
758 Posts
05Gsxr1k said:
Congrats and enjoy...

·
Registered
76 Posts
Congrates, I live in Alaska and wont be expecting mine till the end of the month. Im excited to see what the dyno says.

·
Registered
2,697 Posts
I was up at my dealer yesterday..Said my bike was due to arrive this week.The Black silver was 1st along with a yellow.There snow still here so ill just be installing all my parts i have so far..Yosh told us they will be taking orders for pipes on monday.

Congrads on all everyone one whos getting one..There BUTT UGLY but glad im getting one..

By the way the 1000 gsxr is the only bike they didnt have,the honda Kaw,R1 was allready in there show room.

·
GSX-R Enthusiast
2,546 Posts
Congrats guy's. I really think this is a beautiful machine and most of the pictures we are seeing just don't do it justice. I have a feeling when we all see it in 3 dimensions we will appreciate the design a lot more.

You east coast guys will get them in before west coast, at least that's what I've heard. But by the time the snow melts we might already be riding.....

·
Registered
518 Posts
Why would us east coasters get them before you? Doesn't make much since. You would think they would have already relaeased them to you guys since your weather is better than ares. Shit you probably have people riding now.

·
Registered
347 Posts
Gotta love the southeast. I used to live up north in Jersey....NEVER again. Oh...and the bikes are in a warehouse in Atlanta just waiting to be put on trucks....

·
GSX-R Enthusiast
2,546 Posts
Why would us east coasters get them before you? Doesn't make much since. You would think they would have already relaeased them to you guys since your weather is better than ares. Shit you probably have people riding now.
The K5's came in on the east coast. That's what I was told, so you guy's will probably be a few days to a week or so ahead.

·
GSX-R Enthusiast
2,546 Posts
Gotta love the southeast. I used to live up north in Jersey....NEVER again. Oh...and the bikes are in a warehouse in Atlanta just waiting to be put on trucks....
I was told they where in NJ? That's probably where they started from.

·
Registered
347 Posts
KWS got theirs from a warehouse in Atlanta.....Talked to Keven yesterday when I went in and saw one they had partially torn down to do the race mods. The mechanic who was working on it LOVED it. He said it was probably the easiest bike he has ever stripped the plastics off, and kept getting more and more impressed the further he dug into her....

1 - 20 of 43 Posts