Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Wow, that is a pretty dominating graph! 3-4 more KW all the way across and about 5 nm all the way across too.

·
Registered
33 Posts
looks like the hon-duh is the only one that will be left for dead...the yam is strange one power curve down low is real funky . the zook graph is real pretty, hope removing the stock pipe and the set doesn;t put any holes in it.

·
Registered
200 Posts
Yea looks like the honda's are not going to be doing so well. What really gets me is the true squids were I live talk up the hondas so bad. It makes me laugh so bad this area here in colorado is like hondaville hahahaha.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Wow, the K5 put down 170.5 hp and 84 lb/ft of torque! Makes me wonder if it is right. I thought 165 was a lot! Maybe the dyno is high, that would put things back in perspective. It is still a good comparison to the other bikes.

·
Registered
1,076 Posts
Wow, the K5 put down 170.5 hp and 84 lb/ft of torque! Makes me wonder if it is right. I thought 165 was a lot! Maybe the dyno is high, that would put things back in perspective. It is still a good comparison to the other bikes.
PS don´t equal bhp, I don´t exactly remember how to convert the numbers, but it should end up fairly close to the 165rwhp.

·
Registered
1,729 Posts
Yea looks like the honda's are not going to be doing so well. What really gets me is the true squids were I live talk up the hondas so bad. It makes me laugh so bad this area here in colorado is like hondaville hahahaha.
but the hondas come in race clours, so they must be faster than the others...

·
Registered
28 Posts
Personally im not to interested in actual hp numbers, but like you alluded to the comparison in my opinion is what is more noteworthy. Another interesting chart that would be good to see is one verses time.

·
Registered
1,295 Posts
And also for anyone interested, those are not rear wheel numbers Mottorad rates them at the crank, so those are crank numbers.

It still sucks to be Honda.

·
Registered
1,888 Posts
WOW 173 H.P. At the WHEEL!
that is almost 20HP Over the HONDA!
No that's at the crank. German measurements (for PS and Motorrad) are usually done on a Fuchs dyno. This looks like Motorrad.

Nigel.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts