Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know if you can remove the EXCVA motor on the new '05 when installing a slip-on? The Yosh instructions have you just remove the pipe and control valve wires. Then they have you disconnect one wire (black/brown) from the gray ECM connector. It would be nice to get rid of the motor also but you have to disconnect 2 white connectors, one with 2 wires and the other with 3 wires. I am not sure if that would confuse the ECM? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
428 Posts
I'm not 100% positive, but my bet would be that the wire you are removing is so that the ECM doesn't get confused. Otherwise, if you just pull the motor, it will throw a FI code and you'll get a warning light. It definitely won't "confuse" the ECM.

·
Registered
2,130 Posts
U can remove everything, motor and all, just make sure remove the wire from the harness. Otherwise ur FI will be flashen with a code.

D

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the responses. There was an older post about removing the EXCVA motor that said to cut off the 2-pin connector that used to go to the EXCVA and twist those wires together if you were completely removing the EXCVA motor. I was not sure if that applied to the '05 1000. I think the author was JeffW or Bugman?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts