Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The stock gearing of my 2004 GSXR600 is 16/45 right?
What do you guys think of Vortex 15/47?
How long will they last compared to other sprockets, are they steel or aluminum?
What do you think of GB525GXW/120 RK Chain, or GB525XSO/120 RK Chain, will they fit the 15/47 combo? Thank you

·
Registered
125 Posts
I can tell you this I just put on the 15/47 vortex sprockets on my 04 600. I love them. It ill take the shit out of your top end speed but give you lots of nuts down low. As far as the sprockes. The front one is steel and the rear is aluminum. I do not know how long they last. I imagine it all depends on your riding style. Your right the stock gearing is 16/45

·
Registered
580 Posts
the rear vortex is aluminum & will wear pretty quickly-especially if not alined properly-don't trust the marks on the swingarm-measure it & be sure to keep it lubed & tensioned properly.The steel rears will last about twice as long.

·
Registered
8,423 Posts
Get a Sidewinder tri-metal rear sprocket. They have the best of both worlds..... Steel teeth with an Aluminum center. They also carry a lifetime warranty that you can not break this sprocket.

Rob

·
Premium Member
26,774 Posts
Get a Sidewinder tri-metal rear sprocket. They have the best of both worlds..... Steel teeth with an Aluminum center. Rob
So if it's "tri-metal" what's the 3rd metal???

njracer

·
Registered
8,423 Posts
Titanium rivets that hold it all together.

Rob

·
Banned
15,031 Posts
If top speed stock is high 150's almost 160ish, you should still get mid 130's 140's.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Wow. Is my speedo off cuz I was at 175mph and hit a wall. Oh and uh, is down one up two a nice gain? Will u notice it in the low end around 3k rpm? I just hate when I get left behind by all my friend swith 750's cuz I have no low end lol.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts