Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2004 GSXR 600 won\'t start

I have a GSXR 600 and the bike has been down and not started in awhile. I'm new to these kind of bikes have been an atv guy for years. Anyway the bike has power all of my lights are working guages come on neutral light comes on but I still need to pull in the clutch for the bike to turn over. I hve checked and I'm not getting any spark at the plugs. Any suggestions would be great. I also checked the fuses and they are all OK. I'm questioning the kick stand sensor switch but if I understand correctly the bike should still start. What about the tip over sensor I know they reset themselves but have they been known to fail? Also am I correct in saying the tip over sensor only shut of the fuel and not the ignition?

Thanks Guys

·
Registered
337 Posts
Re: 2004 GSXR 600 won\'t start

You say the bike has been down ? as fall down ?
These bikes have sensors for the sensors it's crazy !

Check spark first, if yes you have a fuel problem.
Good luck !

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

Yes the bike did go down on its side. Then sat for a long time. I don't have spark but I do have fuel as far as I can tell. Where do these tings get there spark from I cannot find any kind of coil like on the ATV's and snowmobiles I'm use to working on.

·
Registered
190 Posts

Its a coil on plug design, the coil and the plug boot are one piece. Also, you said "I still need to pull the clutch in for the bike to turn over"... the bike will only start if its in neutral with the clutch in. If its in first with the stand down the fuel pump will not come on regardless of what you do with the clutch.

Did the bike fall over and stay that way til someone noticed it or did it fall over, then picked up and not run for a while?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

So having to pull the clutch in to start in neutral is Normal?? The bike went down in a crash and was picked up then sat for months but even at the time it would not start back up.

How can you bypass the kick stand switch? Does the bike need to see a certain resistance or just a completed circuit?

And yes the kill switch is on it will not turn over unles the switch is is the correct position.

Thanks For the feedback Guys something just more work for me soon.

What things could I look for that would stop the bike from sending power to the plugs??

1 - 7 of 7 Posts