Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

hey guys! I have been looking all over to see if anyone knows what this part is called. It’s the part that is zip tied. When it’s not zip tied it was shooting out gas. But whenmy neighbor helped me zip tie it, no gas shooting out. I’m thinking I just need a few screws to keep it secure but I have no idea what this part is called. The guy from cycle gear said it has to do with fuel sensor but he’s not sure. And same with my neighbor. Said it’s something with the fuel.Appreciate anyone who can help a girl out! Thank you guys!

·
You should listen to me. No, seriously, listen to
8,757 Posts
Something's fishy there but I'm out of my depth so this may be off base. I gather that your bike has four injectors instead of eight and does have a secondary throttle. Your secondary throttle sensor and its actuator seem to be missing. Not good if so. The fuel rail is attached to the throttle body by four screws if I believe this. I'd really expect eight to be used, four on each half-rail, but pics like this suggest that four is correct. "Packing" is used under the screw head, which sounds like some sort of washer. The rail is pressurized by the fuel pump to 43 psi and the injectors sit between the rail and the throttle body. This is no place for zip ties! Download the service manual and you ought to be able to figure out what is missing and/or needed.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Something's fishy there but I'm out of my depth so this may be off base. I gather that your bike has four injectors instead of eight and does have a secondary throttle. Your secondary throttle sensor and its actuator seem to be missing. Not good if so. The fuel rail is attached to the throttle body by four screws if I believe this. I'd really expect eight to be used, four on each half-rail, but pics like this suggest that four is correct. "Packing" is used under the screw head, which sounds like some sort of washer. The rail is pressurized by the fuel pump to 43 psi and the injectors sit between the rail and the throttle body. This is no place for zip ties! Download the service manual and you ought to be able to figure out what is missing and/or needed.
Thanks so much! Yeah I will NOT ride with those zip ties! I will find the manual and see what I can find. Thanks again

·
Dreaming of buttsecks for years...
14,201 Posts
Listed as "delivery pipe". Held in place with four screws. 2004 Suzuki GSX-R600 THROTTLE BODY HOSE/JOINT | MRCycles

Your bike doesn't have secondary injectors, but as pointed out, the secondary throttle valve and it's sensor are missing. The sensor pictured is the primary. The connector to it shown in the picture is black. That is the secondary connector. The harness plug for the primary is grey. It will start and run with C28 and C29 (the secondary components), but you also have C14 right now because of this incorrect connection. It won't run well like that.

·
8,757 Posts
"The connector to it shown in the picture is black. That is the secondary connector."
I wondered about that. I was unfamiliar with the connector color but the leads to it seem to show R, Y, & B colors, which are associated with the secondary. The primary TP sensor connector normally has R, P/B, & B/Br leads. I'd expect it to be hanging unconnected in there somewhere. Apparently K4 600 uses the same sensor for primary and secondary (two sensors).

Have the secondary blades been removed?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I haven’t removed them, I got the bike as is. Unfortunately it’s my first bike, and it came with all these mods. Just trying to learn about the bike to be able to fix it. I also would love to be safe lol everything you guys are telling me, I’m looking up videos and stuff to learn more about them. My dad said I shouldn’t get one for this reason, but without the weird modifications done, I love it. He’s pretty dope. But if you guys have any suggestions or tips or anything, I am all ears all the time. Thanks for your help Bill

·
8,757 Posts
Remove the top of the air cleaner box and look into the throttle body. There normally are two blades in each bore. The lower one is controlled by you. The upper/secondary is controlled by the ECM via an actuator that is missing on yours. Removing the secondary throttle is sometimes done for quicker throttle response - or something. If the actuator is removed you either have to do something to keep the blades fully open or remove them, which could include removing the shaft that they're mounted on. The shaft is visible in your pic and I don't see anything that would keep it in an open position. So that sounds like the blades have been removed, in which case you'll see a shaft with screw holes for mounting the blades.

In general removing the secondary throttle is only to be done by someone who knows what they're doing. Particularly after seeing the wire ties, I'm highly dubious of the qualifications of whoever worked on yours.

One problem with the secondary throttle is that the actuator can fail. Maybe that had something to do with yours. TheGeek repairs them and might be a source for missing parts.

Putting the secondary connector on the primary sensor sounds really strange. But there's a chance that it has something to do with removing the secondary throttle. I just don't know.

You need to learn how to put the bike into dealer mode as part of diagnosing electronic problems. It's a $20 switch but I'm not sure which one yours uses. It's easy if you have the switch and it will allow you to make much better use of the service manual.

Another problem is that the screws that mount the fuel rail can "seize" in the throttle body. They have a Phillips drive, which can strip and getting the screws out under those conditions can be a mess. That might be why yours are missing. But using wire ties instead of new screws is a gigantic kludge.

·
Dreaming of buttsecks for years...
14,201 Posts
I might now how to get one....

First piece of advise, get a factory service manual. It will be the best $80 you spend trying to sort this bike out. www.genuinesuzukimanuals.com

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thank you guys so much, ordered the parts that I need!! I’m going to really look in there when the pets come and hopefully it’s not too bad. I really do appreciate both of you, cause I have no one to ask about this! Be safe guys!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts