Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What are you standard running temps?

Sitting at lights? and crusing?

Just picked up a used 04 gixxer and Im woundering if its running a little to warm.
Peaked through the fairing to look at the cool fan, it wasnt running while idleing.

Any comments are thanked.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Looks like i am in the correct range then.

As far as the cooling fan not running while idleing?
is that normal

·
Registered
3,335 Posts
Looks like i am in the correct range then.

As far as the cooling fan not running while idleing?
is that normal
The fan only comes on at temperatures above either 200 degrees, 215 degrees, 220 degrees, or 225 degrees (I cannot remember which is the exact number when it clicks on but I know it is in the 200s - someone will state the exact temperature I am sure). Your bike sounds like it is working fine...

·
Registered
203 Posts
Is it that high? But either way, AJ5186, what do you mean your fan does not turn on when it's idle? Do you mean the engine is started? Or you are just sitting with the bike turned on, but the engine is not started? The fan should turn on when the engine is not running.

·
Registered
8,423 Posts
220 (or right around there) is when the fan comes on!!!! 240 is way too high! DAMN! I'm sweating for the Gix that has a 240 fan! OUCH!

Rob

·
Registered
8,423 Posts
OK............ WARMER!

·
Registered
8,423 Posts

·
Registered
538 Posts
actually, the fan is activated at EXACTLY 219.75 degrees... it's just by the time the fan clicks and starts moving it shows 220.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.