Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
So apparently I bought a “2003” Gsxr600.
I thought it was fuel injected (based off of research prior to buying)

But when I opened up the air box and looked underneath itlooks directly carb’ed, no fuel injectors in sight.
Now I’m confused, was I told the wrong year of the bike? Was this motor swapped with an older one?

from my understanding, all 600’s were fuel injected after 2002.

i have the cable on the left side that helps open the flys when cold start,

· Registered
75 Posts
So apparently I bought a “2003” Gsxr600.
I thought it was fuel injected (based off of research prior to buying)

But when I opened up the air box it looks directly carb’ed, no fuel injectors in sight.
Now I’m confused, was I told the wrong year of the bike? Was this motor swapped with an older one?

Were 2003 gsxrs made both fuel injected and carbed ? What’s going on here.
01+ Gsxr600 are FI only, with no option for carb’d. Can you post a picture of what u are seeing?

· Registered
75 Posts
Nice, thanks guys. Can you circle the fuel injectors on the picture that I shared to point them out please.
At the bottom of the picture, the black attached to the fuel rail. For future cases you can just look up the parts to figure it out, ie "2003 GSXR 600 fuel injectors" and then if the results look like what you have, then you know you have the same part. Additionally you can use Bikebandit.com to see OEM parts for your bikes (by year make and model) which will show a deconstructed image of all the parts for that specific model.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.