Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
21 - 36 of 36 Posts

You should listen to me. No, seriously, listen to
"K5 threw n threw.."
That light blue accent is on K6's and not on K5's. You can see it on the fuel tank, side cowling, and (barely) front cowl. It's as if the under cowling is K5 and everything else is K6. Compare K5 and K6 here.

Registered
"K5 threw n threw.."
That light blue accent is on K6's and not on K5's. You can see it on the fuel tank, side cowling, and (barely) front cowl. It's as if the under cowling is K5 and everything else is K6. Compare K5 and K6 here.
Definitely a k6 exactly the same as mine
(ignore camera work)

^You're missing the triangular graphic on the side of the undercowling about a foot back from the big "R". I find that to be the quickest way to distinguish K5 from K6. Unfortunately I've removed it from my K6 too, as well as the stripe on the underside of the seat tail cover. I can't tell from his pics but his stripe might be for a K5. A light blue accent is the giveaway but the angle's not right to be sure.

Registered
I know what you mean now but i was under the impression the k6 had the light blue accent as i compare my bike to a guy i know with a k5 and his dont have any of the light blue accent as far as im aware that is the only tell tale between them both judging from mine and the guy i know bike not that it matters literally both identical machines apart from that stripe iirc and an absolute weapon of a machine

Your K6 pic is the same as my link above and the K5 is similar. I believe them all to be Suzuki preproduction studio pics that always have a blank white background and the wheels aligned so that the third spoke is straight up. Interestingly the K5 front brake rotors are different from K6 as is the emblem on the muffler in yours, neither of which made it to production. I think your K5 must be from an earlier session and they "fixed" the emblem by the time that they shot mine. The rotors came later.

Registered
Your K6 pic is the same as my link above and the K5 is similar. I believe them all to be Suzuki preproduction studio pics that always have a blank white background and the wheels aligned so that the third spoke is straight up. Interestingly the K5 front brake rotors are different from K6 as is the emblem on the muffler in yours, neither of which made it to production. I think your K5 must be from an earlier session and they "fixed" the emblem by the time that they shot mine. The rotors came later.

Your links in post #22 don't work for me in Aus, I get an error message " 403 Forbidden Server configuration does not allow access to this page. "

I agree, this appears to be an OEM pre-production K5 image, I downloaded it years ago before the K5 official release.

I also have this smaller K5 OEM pic with the correct finished muffler.

Interestingly... the front wheel balance weight is in the identical location in both pics, as are both front and rear tyre tread patterns...

Maybe they photoshopped the muffler at a later date...

A couple of pics from the K5 production line back in the day, I also downloaded years ago.

The link pics came from Suzukicycle.org and was obtained by clicking on the first K5 1000 pic to get the larger version. His site isn't as easy to navigate as it once was. Many of these pics are also on bikepics.com but it's complicated by posters uploading into the wrong year and the large number of pics (about 4000 for K5 1000). You can see where someone was photoshopping different mufflers onto one of the studio pics.

Registered
thats a clean bike ! nice.... but 5k u coulda picked up a k5 k6 for that price,
Facebook mrket place. I got a 07 R6 10.5k miles mint all the goods exhaust stabilizer not a scratch in red no title but not stolen 1800$ they stole it from me lol smh

got this 03 1000 with 10.5k miles with title $1100 was leaking from the stator cover, and needed a maintenance ive put about 600$ in parts got some fairings for 180$ mechanically she's sound. waiting on the bolt kit to mount the new used fairings. I like to work on them. the R6 needed nothing but a new battery

I joined this forum in march was going to get a gsxr1100 to turn into a cafe racer. and I didn't get the bike. but I got the K3 :)

these are deals you gotta be ready to jump on them ASAP the R6 was posted for maybe a 1hr before I text him I was on my way. and the K3 had only 12 minutes he has posted it when I told him I wanted to go see it. first come first serve

he thought he broke the oil pan but turned out after inspection it was leaking from the stator cover and from the timing cover cap. I did a full inspection as best I could with fairings on had it running .motor sounded great. so I bought it. I hate dealing with oil leaks they can be a pain in the ass but I needed a ride also so K3 it is and im very happy a damn beast ill call her Cruella

Attachments

Registered
Discussion Starter · #31 ·
Eh idk about that. K5 and K6s around me with over 10k miles are asking at least $6,500. Anything with around 5k miles people ae asking ridiculous numbers, are they worth it? No, but $5,000 isnt getting anything around here with less than 10k miles especially a 1000

Registered
Eh idk about that. K5 and K6s around me with over 10k miles are asking at least $6,500. Anything with around 5k miles people ae asking ridiculous numbers, are they worth it? No, but $5,000 isnt getting anything around here with less than 10k miles especially a 1000

what they asking and what they get are 2 different stories. especially when your there with cash in hand ! I gave him 1100 and not 900 because I gave him half one day and came back for it 2 days later since it was leaking and I needed to check it. I got the title and the keys that day. plus he rode it to my house like 30 miles oneway and I drove him back. the R6 he wanted 2800$ no title. I got there did some looking around inspecting it. he also needs some help with a R1 long story short he got 1800 $ for the R6 lol ohh I miss that bitch .

TIP .. dont negotiate over text or over the phone. just show up with cash in hand if he asking 6500 I know I can probably walk away with it for 58 59 . they aint all perfect and even a maintenance is a few hundred large tires 250 for a ok set and 160 + to get em installed lol

one tactic Ive used is he asking 6500 ill hand him 5800 cash and tell him count it . thats what I got for this bike all in . after he done counting 5800 dollars cash even though he asking 6500 its hard for him to walk away especially if they need to sell it for what ever reason which is usually the case. its like 5800 now cash right here or wait who knows how long till someone actually shows up with a wad of cash lol they usually sold at this point

born and raised in BROOKLYN New York .....ill sell water to a well man ! :LOL::ROFLMAO:

the previous K3 owner wasn't lying when he said I stole it. lol but he needed it gone couldn't have it at his place problem with the landlord and plus was leaking he just wanted it gone

im a self taught motorcycle mechanic cafe builder . started this hobby like 5 years ago with a 1980 Honda cb900

none the less you did get a gorgeous bike ! enjoy it

I drove 3 hrs one way because of traffic and 2 hrs back to go pick up the fairings in PA from NY. paint aint perfect but not broken works till order the color I want.

AAA offers a motorcycle membership 13$$ a month provides 2 tows up to 120miles I believe and limitless local towing. plus road side tire gas all that. u can buy a bike and have AAA tow it for basically free considering a local tow is like 75$ life hack :) :cool:

u can have them tow it 120 miles u park it the next day have them tow it another 120 miles thats a 240 mile tow plus the local tows are limitless

considering how expensive insurance is here. the 07 R6 full coverage with a Staten Island address was.....:rolleyes::oops::ROFLMAO: $ 371 A MONTH ! and im in my mid 30s
so the AAA will at least come pick u up bring u gas battery tow for 13$ a month the platinum edition

in NYC the 5 Boroughs just about anyone who has a car note there insurance is more than the actual car payment... insurance scam if u ask me but thats another topic lol

Registered
Discussion Starter · #33 ·
Yeah im on Long Island, and you鈥檙e right cash is king. Ill ask if people are negotiable over the phone but won鈥檛 make an offer. I recently sold a 2002 kx250 for $4,400 so people will pay those crazy #鈥檚 if you have the patience to find them.
Thank you, right now its been a garage queen just getting stared at most of the time lol Occasionally ridden but I enjoy owning it.

Registered
Yeah im on Long Island, and you鈥檙e right cash is king. Ill ask if people are negotiable over the phone but won鈥檛 make an offer. I recently sold a 2002 kx250 for $4,400 so people will pay those crazy #鈥檚 if you have the patience to find them.
Thank you, right now its been a garage queen just getting stared at most of the time lol Occasionally ridden but I enjoy owning it.
LOL I was in Williamsburg BK and I ended up in Hauppauge L.I exit 43 . I haven't even pushed it yet waiting to get a new rear mines toast. but was a nice ride 80-90 all the way the traffic also.
I love how things have changed for the better...IE with the cops harassing . we got a pass in NY no chase law. last night at a light they went from one lane to behind me and as soon as the light went green. SEE YA !

I hate traffic lol its why I ride . stop for who ? na dont bother.

mine is gonna be my daily. I have heated gear also top to bottom and socks

That MIG muffler is old. As I understand it, they were the first to make muffler shells from CF. They were located in France and are long out of business.

Registered
That MIG muffler is old. As I understand it, they were the first to make muffler shells from CF. They were located in France and are long out of business.

it doesn't look to pretty right now but im going to repaint it with high heat paint. The clear coat has faded in some spots. the bike sounds great maybe a little to quiet . I might just chop about 6-10 inches off it

a shorty exhaust would look way nicer any for these ?

bill quick question my engine is T711- the last digit is 4 as I was reading the last digit 10th digit . Is the year make is this correct ?

I suspect I have a 03 frame with a 04 motor

21 - 36 of 36 Posts