Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
21 - 29 of 29 Posts

You should listen to me. No, seriously, listen to
"K5 threw n threw.."
That light blue accent is on K6's and not on K5's. You can see it on the fuel tank, side cowling, and (barely) front cowl. It's as if the under cowling is K5 and everything else is K6. Compare K5 and K6 here.

Registered
"K5 threw n threw.."
That light blue accent is on K6's and not on K5's. You can see it on the fuel tank, side cowling, and (barely) front cowl. It's as if the under cowling is K5 and everything else is K6. Compare K5 and K6 here.
Definitely a k6 exactly the same as mine
(ignore camera work)

^You're missing the triangular graphic on the side of the undercowling about a foot back from the big "R". I find that to be the quickest way to distinguish K5 from K6. Unfortunately I've removed it from my K6 too, as well as the stripe on the underside of the seat tail cover. I can't tell from his pics but his stripe might be for a K5. A light blue accent is the giveaway but the angle's not right to be sure.

Registered
I know what you mean now but i was under the impression the k6 had the light blue accent as i compare my bike to a guy i know with a k5 and his dont have any of the light blue accent as far as im aware that is the only tell tale between them both judging from mine and the guy i know bike not that it matters literally both identical machines apart from that stripe iirc and an absolute weapon of a machine

Your K6 pic is the same as my link above and the K5 is similar. I believe them all to be Suzuki preproduction studio pics that always have a blank white background and the wheels aligned so that the third spoke is straight up. Interestingly the K5 front brake rotors are different from K6 as is the emblem on the muffler in yours, neither of which made it to production. I think your K5 must be from an earlier session and they "fixed" the emblem by the time that they shot mine. The rotors came later.

Registered
Your K6 pic is the same as my link above and the K5 is similar. I believe them all to be Suzuki preproduction studio pics that always have a blank white background and the wheels aligned so that the third spoke is straight up. Interestingly the K5 front brake rotors are different from K6 as is the emblem on the muffler in yours, neither of which made it to production. I think your K5 must be from an earlier session and they "fixed" the emblem by the time that they shot mine. The rotors came later.

Your links in post #22 don't work for me in Aus, I get an error message " 403 Forbidden Server configuration does not allow access to this page. "

I agree, this appears to be an OEM pre-production K5 image, I downloaded it years ago before the K5 official release.

I also have this smaller K5 OEM pic with the correct finished muffler.

Interestingly... the front wheel balance weight is in the identical location in both pics, as are both front and rear tyre tread patterns...

Maybe they photoshopped the muffler at a later date...

A couple of pics from the K5 production line back in the day, I also downloaded years ago.

The link pics came from Suzukicycle.org and was obtained by clicking on the first K5 1000 pic to get the larger version. His site isn't as easy to navigate as it once was. Many of these pics are also on bikepics.com but it's complicated by posters uploading into the wrong year and the large number of pics (about 4000 for K5 1000). You can see where someone was photoshopping different mufflers onto one of the studio pics.

21 - 29 of 29 Posts