Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all. I’m new to the site, I’m potentially buying a 2003 gsxr1000 (silver model) with 5,700 miles on it. All stock except for d&d exhaust. I’m able to pick it up for $5,000 and I wanted to get some extra opinions or tips on what to look for on these.

I read that they are very reliable bikes, I owned a k5 1000 in 2011 that was kind of beat up. Non oem fairings etc...anyway I’m in the market again for one, and don’t want to pass it up. Sound like a good deal??

Attachments

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Awesome! Looks like I’ll be picking it up later this evening. I’m usually a Yamaha guy but when it comes to sport bikes I feel like the gsxr’s are one of the best. I love the early 2000’s models especially

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Yeah looks like aftermarket signals front and back. All the lights work. It looks like a full exhaust with the blue color from header back to the slip on but im not sure if that could be stock also. I have no knowledge of that EXCVA that you mentioned. Is that kind of like the exup valve on the Yamis? It has a slight studder at low rpms but gets smooth as the rpms increase

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thank you. Glad to hear that. That’s precisely what this will be, my garage queen/weekend warrior. I tried to replicate Ferrys factory bike the best I could. I got the seat cover, missing some graphics, I have the DSP carb parts, but missing some key parts like the carbon airbox and DSP pipe. The big gun race series is close enough 💪🏼 And it is road legal currently insured/inspected 😈

Attachments

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #31 ·
Eh idk about that. K5 and K6s around me with over 10k miles are asking at least $6,500. Anything with around 5k miles people ae asking ridiculous numbers, are they worth it? No, but $5,000 isnt getting anything around here with less than 10k miles especially a 1000

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #33 ·
Yeah im on Long Island, and you’re right cash is king. Ill ask if people are negotiable over the phone but won’t make an offer. I recently sold a 2002 kx250 for $4,400 so people will pay those crazy #’s if you have the patience to find them.
Thank you, right now its been a garage queen just getting stared at most of the time lol Occasionally ridden but I enjoy owning it.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts