Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought bike used about 7 months ago. I got into an accident but bike had mainly cosmetic damage too my knowledge. Bike runs now but I can’t get down on the throttle otherwise it try’s to big down. I have to gradually give it throttle And it won’t go past like 100 mph. After that, it starts completely trying to bog down and the bike completely looses acceleration in 3rd gear and higher speeds. You can’t rev it up quick in neutral either. Tries to big down if you try to get down on throttle in neutral. Please help

·
Married his Fleshlight... And Also touches people
918 Posts
I bought bike used about 7 months ago. I got into an accident but bike had mainly cosmetic damage too my knowledge. Bike runs now but I can’t get down on the throttle otherwise it try’s to big down. I have to gradually give it throttle And it won’t go past like 100 mph. After that, it starts completely trying to bog down and the bike completely looses acceleration in 3rd gear and higher speeds. You can’t rev it up quick in neutral either. Tries to big down if you try to get down on throttle in neutral. Please help
Checked the kickstand switch?... Could be fuel or electrical. Rule out the easy things first

Sent from my CPH1941 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Checked the kickstand switch?... Could be fuel or electrical. Rule out the easy things first

Sent from my CPH1941 using Tapatalk
I did check the kickstand switch! It was fine and was being pushed in full by kickstand. I also have changed fuel pump and that seemed to help it out, I also cleaned injectors. But it’s still not running right. I do know that the stator needs replacing because my battery is barely receiving charge and the battery passed test. Could the stator going out cause anything like this possibly?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I did check the kickstand switch! It was fine and was being pushed in full by kickstand. I also have changed fuel pump and that seemed to help it out, I also cleaned injectors. But it’s still not running right. I do know that the stator needs replacing because my battery is barely receiving charge and the battery passed test. Could the stator going out cause anything like this possibly?
Also I changed spark plugs

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Update installed new injectors. Has new fuel pump. Bike will now bog down and die after idling for like 5 seconds. Have to GRADUALLY give throttle to keep engine running. Bike is definitely running lean. Backfires on deceleration while idling and riding.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts