Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I went out to start the bike as its not getting ridden very often. Actually not at all! Its an 03 and only has 3700 miles on it!

When I started it today, as I do weekly, I noticed that Hot engine/water smell. When I looked at the cranck window I saw the unpleasant milkshake rather then clean oil. BTW, the oil was changed at 3k miles.

I checked the coolant res and its full and shows no signs of loosing any. I feel its just water not coolant in the crank.

Is it common for water to build up like this if sitting and only getting started once or twice a week? Or do I have a bigger problem that I'm not going to be happy with?

Any advice or info will bre greatly appreciated.

Over the weekend I'll do an oil change to get the water out... is there any kind of process I should do to clean things?

Thank in advance

Nem

·
Registered
434 Posts
Its normal for it to get like that during the winter. Especially if you start your bike and shut it off a lot without it getting to running temp. Mine was like that so I drained the oil put some new amsoil in and rode it and its alllllll better

·
Premium Member
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Dakotaspeir,

I was hoping it was something simple. I do start it alot, but it would seem i'm not getting it warm enough. Just need to get it out and ride it more.

Thanks again

Nem

1 - 3 of 3 Posts