Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need help with 2 mods on my Silver 2003 G1.

I would like to get rid of the rear license plate brackets replace it with something more sleek looking. I would like o I want an undertail that is all silver and will allow me to keep my current brake light setup. Then a simple bracket that holds the license plate, short stalk turn signals, and license plate light.

There is also some vibration through the handlebars - what are the best bar ends to get to solve this?

Any help is appreicated - thanks.

Mo

·
Registered
941 Posts
Here is what I did to mine....

1) remove the License plate bracket and the complete plastic piece that comes off of the tail section. (I think it was 4 screws.)

2) As you can see in the picture, I bought a pair of LED's that are flat (they have 5 lights in each) (Amber)

After removing the plastic license plate holder, you can see an indention. If you can't see what i'm talking about, thke the metal license plate bracket off of the plastic holder (You'll use this.) There are 2 screw holes (Closest to the tail light). Hold the bracket over those 2 holes and you should be able to see the indention that i'm talking about. I mounted the LED brackets at the corners of the indention and then used the (provided) double sided sticky tape to mount the LED's to the LED Brackets. This will look sleek and it mounts up great above the bracket. (I cut the stock connections off of the stock signals and spliced them into the LED's wire so they would click right in the stock blinker harness.

Next take the metal bracket and position it by the same 2 holes I described above. You might have to filp the bracket over to get the right angle so that the plate is visible from behind (legal). Once you figure that out, then you have to slot the holes in th metal bracket so that it will mount up using the stock screws that came out of the original plastic license plate holder.
Use some blue lock tight on the screws so they don't vibrate out. If you have done everything right the LED's and the bracket will look like it was made that way...Several people have asked where I bought my undertail from and have no idea its all stock except for the LED Blinkers.

I have a clear tail light getting lazer engraved with the GSXR logo and tribal flames. The engraved part is supposed to really contrast with the LED's at night...I'll post pics when I get it installed.....I'm also adding Amber LED's next to my red one's and wiring them up to make a cool tail light blinker.....

Here are a couple of pics to help you understand what i'm saying....

·
Registered
6 Posts
I have the same vibration through the handle bars, I just bought some lockhart phillips bar ends (135-175) and they don't fit, if you find out anything let me know

1 - 3 of 3 Posts