Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys, I hope you can help me. My 2002 gsxr600 won’t start, the starter relay just clicks. I have a new battery and starter relay. I removed the starter motor from the bike and connected it to battery, it spins. I replaced the spark plugs. I tried to push start, it worked once, then I rode for couple blocks, then I turned it off, I tried to stay it again just click again. When it ran, the engine was giving a weird noise not usual before the problem. Thanks for any help.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for helping me, battery voltage is 12.50, starter relay and motor is 12.25 when you push the start. I don’t know how to check starter button voltage, but since there’s voltage on both starter relay and motor, that should rule that out right?

·
Likes to race old junk.
1,943 Posts
Does the engine still turn over by hand? Pull the plugs, put it on a rear stand if you have one and try turning the rear wheel in 4th gear...or turn the crank with a ratchet.
Put a trickle charger on the battery overnight...12.5v is low, not the cause of your problem, but it's best to start with a fully charged battery.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I put it in 4th gear, I squeeze the clutch the rear wheel turn, but if I let go off the clutch, it doesn’t move.

·
Likes to race old junk.
1,943 Posts
Do you have a service/repair manual? or the little owner's manual that was under the seat?

If you don't know what the crankshaft is, or where it might be inside the engine...I'm afraid this is beyond your abilities.
Do some research...google engine fundamentals...there's lots of YouTube videos etc.

Are you certain that you were testing the correct relay?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I do have owners manual, but nothing about crankshaft, just regular maintenance things. I don’t have that money right now for a mechanic that’s why I’m trying to learn what I can to fix this thing. I did checked the right starter relay. Was your rear wheel supposed to turn when your in 4th gear when you let go of the clutch? I’ve been trying to research in the Internet, I can’t find anything clear about what your saying. Is the crankshaft in the left side near the stator or in the right side near what the starter motor leads? I appreciate any help that you can give me.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I found the crankshaft, should I turn it in 4th gear still? What should I be looking for?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts