Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there, I'm new to the site so firstly excuse my lack of knowledge! I've tried searching but the forum is just so vast I can't seem to find a definative answer...

What are the dimensions of the throttle bodies on the K1/2 GSXR1000s (inlet and outlet ends)

I think I'm right in saying that the manifold end is 42mm? But what is the size of the larger inlet end? I've read somewhere its 48mm and others its 53mm?

Also what size are the injectors?

Sorry if this has already been covered (i'm sure it has) and I look forward to using the site for further knowledge

thanks in advance
James

·
Registered
2,115 Posts
The 01-02 throttle bodies are 42mm at the head and 50mm at the top (ID) and unse a pintle injector

The 03-04 throttle bodies are interchangable (plug and play) with the 01-02 but they are made as a pair where the 01-02 are 4 seperate units.

The 03-04 are the same inlet and outlet but the tapper inside is diffferent. They also have a multihole injector that is the same dimensions and interchangeable.

The Hayabusa TB's also fit the 01-04 and have a larger butterfly but are still only 42mm at the manifold end. They don't have STV's though and the top hole may be 52mm from memory.

The Busa ones have the cable and the sensors at the other ends so they are not a direct pulg and play. The injectors all swap though.

The 05-06 throttle bodies are a different spacing to the early ones. They are however 44mm and dual injector. These injectors are also all the same dimensions.

07 is different again. The injectors no longer interchange either.

The best bet on an 01-02 is the K3-4 throttle bodies. They are much easier to balance too.

There is another option for a 44mm throttle body on the 01-02 I'm working on but I'm not sure they'll fit yet.

·
Registered
4,712 Posts
K1 and K2 owners should thank their lucky stars for someone like STOCKY. :)

You're a Goldmine, G. :thumbup

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Goldmine indeed, thanks

So the two measurements I got elsewhere of 48mm and 53mm are wrong and its definatly 50mm, or is that a rough estimate?

·
Premium Member
1,995 Posts
K1 and K2 owners should thank their lucky stars for someone like STOCKY. :)

You're a Goldmine, G. :thumbup
Stocky does alot of R&D. He's helped me out on alot of stuff.

I hope that t.b. project you told me about is going to work out.

Take care mate!:cheers

·
Registered
3,505 Posts
fro what its worth a friend of mine put 03-04 1000 tb's on an 01 with a mild motor and picked up 4 hp up top and about 6 in the mids. really smoothed out his curve not to mention the snappier throttle of the 03-04's tbs give.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I see, so its likely to be 48mm internal measurement (whats important) and 53mm from the outside of the throttle body wall across to the the other?

·
Registered
2,115 Posts
I was pretty sure the internal measurement is 50mm but I could be remembering the K5 ones so the K1-4 ones could be 48mm . The outside is definately 53mm (they are pretty thin at the top)

·
Registered
633 Posts
so swapping a set of 03-04 tb's onto an 01 will gain me what if anything?

Direct plug and play?

·
Registered
3,505 Posts
its a mild plug and play. youll have to switch a few connectors and deal with some vacuum lines but you have everything you need between the 2 tbs. to really see the gains your gonna need to get a custom map, though it will always make your throttle very sensitive like the 03-04.

·
Registered
26 Posts
The 01-02 throttle bodies are 42mm at the head and 50mm at the top (ID) and unse a pintle injector

The 03-04 throttle bodies are interchangable (plug and play) with the 01-02 but they are made as a pair where the 01-02 are 4 seperate units.

The 03-04 are the same inlet and outlet but the tapper inside is diffferent. They also have a multihole injector that is the same dimensions and interchangeable.

The Hayabusa TB's also fit the 01-04 and have a larger butterfly but are still only 42mm at the manifold end. They don't have STV's though and the top hole may be 52mm from memory.

The Busa ones have the cable and the sensors at the other ends so they are not a direct pulg and play. The injectors all swap though.

The 05-06 throttle bodies are a different spacing to the early ones. They are however 44mm and dual injector. These injectors are also all the same dimensions.

07 is different again. The injectors no longer interchange either.

The best bet on an 01-02 is the K3-4 throttle bodies. They are much easier to balance too.

There is another option for a 44mm throttle body on the 01-02 I'm working on but I'm not sure they'll fit yet.

I know,its an olt thread,but who knows..
I fount that the 98-99 srad 750 have a 46mm tb. But its just the butterfly valve.On the top,its smaller 2mm and bottom too(40mm)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts