Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
951 Posts
You can do anything your little mind desires. You can even put a ZX10 tail on the bike.......being it would take just as much work to put it or the new gixxer tail on (i.e. brackets).

Direct bolt on

NO.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
What are some sweet looking tails. I have a 2002 Telefonica with a cracked tail. I can't find a used tail, and I would rather get something aftermarket than buy new. Any suggestions or know were I can go to see pictures and options?

·
Registered
682 Posts
well ive been looking at the differences in front fairing setups and i think that u can totally swap the front part of the body over but the tail looks too different...can anyone confirm is the fronts can be swapped if one buys the new model fairing stay and brackets?

·
Premium Member
5,515 Posts
DJJUSTINSANE said:
What are some sweet looking tails. I have a 2002 Telefonica with a cracked tail. I can't find a used tail, and I would rather get something aftermarket than buy new. Any suggestions or know were I can go to see pictures and options?
If you don't mind losing the passenger seat, you could go with a 1-piece race tail......

·
Registered
386 Posts
I plan on doing the 04+ conversion. I'm going to try to find a wrecked 750 thats not beat to shit and take the subframe and tail. I'll make that shit work!

·
Registered
66 Posts
Here is my '02 750 with the '04 600/750 tail. Winter Project, Gonna Convert to a '04 1000's nose and headlight and paint the whole deal.

oh ya thats a '05 1000 Ti header with the Yosh TRC Slip too.

Attachments

·
Registered
117 Posts
To swap the front would you need new sides to? or do they match up? what all would you need to do the front end conversion? That looks bad ass.

·
Registered
101 Posts
dornob said:
Here is my '02 750 with the '04 600/750 tail. Winter Project, Gonna Convert to a '04 1000's nose and headlight and paint the whole deal.

oh ya thats a '05 1000 Ti header with the Yosh TRC Slip too.

what did you need to get to get this tail conversion done? thanks that tail looks sick! :cheers

·
Registered
296 Posts
GSXRDOOK said:
To swap the front would you need new sides to? or do they match up? what all would you need to do the front end conversion? That looks bad ass.
to do the 04/05 front conversion it looks like you need the front fairing stay, headight, fairing, and somesort of intake tubes.

the front fairing needs a little extra plastic added to it, and to be shaped a little.

looks awsome though!

·
Registered
66 Posts
To do the '04 1000 i'll need the stay, headlight, and ram air tubes, and the front fairing(modified at the sides)

To do that tail i chopped off the rear half of the sub-frame and welded a new custom one on.

·
Registered
296 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
dornob said:
To do the '04 1000 i'll need the stay, headlight, and ram air tubes, and the front fairing(modified at the sides)

To do that tail i chopped off the rear half of the sub-frame and welded a new custom one on.
when you say custom one, do you mean the one for 04 model?

·
Registered
66 Posts
12v_dub said:
when you say custom one, do you mean the one for 04 model?

No. I cut off the subframe section just under the passenger seat and i made a new section and welded it on the front part of the '02 subframe.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts