Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
816 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, Just wondering is any of you know the OD of the fork spacers for the 2002 1k forks?

I ran out of preload trying to dial in my sag in the front. Called race tech about it, and apparently the mechanic putting in the valves was supposed to add 10-15mm to the original spacer in the fork prior to putting everything back together. I can ride my bike still right now, I just need to go find some aluminum conduit and a washer to remedy the situation and get my preload adjusters back to the mid range for it's correct sag setting, in case I lose/gain weight I want to be able to adjust things accordingly. Thanks fellas.

·
Registered
816 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
wow...no one knows this in this forum?! Im sure one of you has their forks taken apart right now....cmon guys...help a brotha out!

·
Here is your "R"
6,926 Posts
Bro go buy the parts new, that way it will take the guess work out of the thickness. Also you can see what your mechanic exactly left out. Its very easy to take apart forks

·
Here is your "R"
6,926 Posts
Sorry I read your post wrong! Take apart the forks and just take the spacers with you and match them up. Remember to drill some side holes for the spring tensioner.

·
Registered
816 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
should I do it with as one piece or simply add another piece onto the original spacer?

·
Here is your "R"
6,926 Posts
should I do it with as one piece or simply add another piece onto the original spacer?
I would do it as one piece less stuff to fail, just make sure its same diameter and wall thickness.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts