Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought a 2001 GSXR 1000 with 799 original miles a few months back but unfortunately, it might be time to move on from it. It currently has 1075 miles. I bought it from the original owner. It is as close to showroom mint as I've seen. Any thoughts on a price for this..

Thanks

·
Premium Member
5,994 Posts
yea it's whatever someone is willing to pay you for it.. no doubts not many around in that color in that condition WOW, what you going to do with it? ride it?

or put a vacuum bag around it suck all the air out and save it for forty years? it would have to be vacuum sealed to stay mintish things will begin to rot out, you can make a clear vacuum bag and suck the air out with a shop vac, and still see the bike real well.. preserves everything, tires, lines, wiring everything, 100 years you'd be able to take it out and it will be mint, no gas in it of course..

for a rider I still say about $4-$6k $8k is what they were new but maybe you find a collector, it is almost 20 years old..

detail it real good, not one spec of water drops or dust on it.. make it look even better, I'd hunt down collectors, someone may be looking for this exact bike in this condition and be willing to pay? I don't see anyone who is looking for a rider paying $8k, they can find newer bikes with low miles for less but you never know, all you can do is ask.. then who wants to pay $8k for a bike this nice this age and ride it?

hale I'd be afraid to sell it to just anyone they might go thrash it, its made it this far may as well go the distance, museum someday perhaps? at least a good collection... you get ahold of Jay Leno? hit him up on his facebook, hit up all the collectors.. Jay knows what this bike is, he knows sportbikes.. he may be interested? or know someone who is, he has a few sportbikes already so can't hurt, do you have paperwork like owners manual all that? Suzuki give you that portfolio with all the paperwork, warranty cards, service manual, those are nice to have ona bike like this.. start Jay off at $10k.. he likes to whittle a guy down some...

sure is nice tho, the good color too..

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
yea it's whatever someone is willing to pay you for it.. no doubts not many around in that color in that condition WOW, what you going to do with it? ride it?

or put a vacuum bag around it suck all the air out and save it for forty years? it would have to be vacuum sealed to stay mintish things will begin to rot out, you can make a clear vacuum bag and suck the air out with a shop vac, and still see the bike real well.. preserves everything, tires, lines, wiring everything, 100 years you'd be able to take it out and it will be mint, no gas in it of course..

for a rider I still say about $4-$6k $8k is what they were new but maybe you find a collector, it is almost 20 years old..

detail it real good, not one spec of water drops or dust on it.. make it look even better, I'd hunt down collectors, someone may be looking for this exact bike in this condition and be willing to pay? I don't see anyone who is looking for a rider paying $8k, they can find newer bikes with low miles for less but you never know, all you can do is ask.. then who wants to pay $8k for a bike this nice this age and ride it?

hale I'd be afraid to sell it to just anyone they might go thrash it, its made it this far may as well go the distance, museum someday perhaps? at least a good collection... you get ahold of Jay Leno? hit him up on his facebook, hit up all the collectors.. Jay knows what this bike is, he knows sportbikes.. he may be interested? or know someone who is, he has a few sportbikes already so can't hurt, do you have paperwork like owners manual all that? Suzuki give you that portfolio with all the paperwork, warranty cards, service manual, those are nice to have ona bike like this.. start Jay off at $10k.. he likes to whittle a guy down some...

sure is nice tho, the good color too..
Hey Thanks for the dialog, I've been torn since buying it to even ride it because it's in such good condition and want to keep the miles down on it. That said it's a blast to ride haven't had a liter bike in a long time. Additionally I have ADD lol so I don't keep things very long and can't imagine just storing the poor thing. Again like you said the thought of someone trashing it makes me cringe... on the fence maybe just table this until the spring time.. Thanks again for the conversation..

·
Premium Member
5,994 Posts
Hey Thanks for the dialog, I've been torn since buying it to even ride it because it's in such good condition and want to keep the miles down on it. That said it's a blast to ride haven't had a liter bike in a long time. Additionally I have ADD lol so I don't keep things very long and can't imagine just storing the poor thing. Again like you said the thought of someone trashing it makes me cringe... on the fence maybe just table this until the spring time.. Thanks again for the conversation..

I'd cover her up real good, be sure to take care of the fuel somehow? either drain and dry tank then make sure it cannot get moisture in it? maybe bring it indoors in a room temp storage? mothballs?

or fill it with E free gas, (pure-gas.org) or as I said you can make E free yourself easy enough.. worth it for one tankful.. be just a shame to have a mint tank lik that go rusty and today's gas is just CRUD E! they're putting something in it maybe? myself I believe they're dodging the numbers, E20 is more like E22% lol .. soaks up water like a sponge.. hate it..

went out and bought 35 gallons of E free for my carbie bike.. tired of it.. costly repairs too.. if thats my bike I drain it totally then mothball.. too mint to just let it sit and risk it.. or start it once a week and keep her topped off, that works too

·
Captain Obvious ... because obviously it’s obvious
4,186 Posts
I imagine you could get a very pretty penny from that, especially in this market. Obviously it's not going to be for the kids that think an 01 should be worth $2k, but might as well shoot for $8k and see what happens.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I imagine you could get a very pretty penny from that, especially in this market. Obviously it's not going to be for the kids that think an 01 should be worth $2k, but might as well shoot for $8k and see what happens.
Thanks for the info

·
Registered
23 Posts
I'd advertise it over on www.advrider.com in the GEAR/FLEA MARKET/BIKES subforum.
Lots of older guys over there who have owned one of those bikes and would love to own another in great condition.
And those guys are serious buyers with money!

Sent from my LG-H700 using Tapatalk

1 - 14 of 14 Posts