Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a gauge cluster from a 2001 GSX-R 600 and I went to put it on my 2002 GSX-R 600 but the two wiring connectors of the gauge cluster don't match the wiring harness. Can I splice the wires together by matching the colors? Anyone know what the difference is in the guage clusters? Thanks

·
He Who Touches Himself
6,620 Posts
You probably need to get a manual that shows which wires go where before you start splicing.

·
Registered
6 Posts
The difference between the two has something to do with the fuel indicator. I have a 2002 600 as well and was running a 2001 cluster for a while. The orange LOW FUEL led would stay on at all times which sucked because I would run out of gas often. I put the new 2002 cluster on and everything worked well.

Your wire couplers should be the same, but the wiring itself is different. I wouldn't splice if I were you. Just sell the 2001 gauges and buy a 2002 cluster. It's better that way.

·
Registered
3,779 Posts
yup, sell them and get the correct ones. not wise to mess with those. not to mention it would be a royal pain in the ass. I have 02 gsxr 1k gauges on an 03 and the backlights do not work. so I can't ride in the dark. those are the same connectors also but the wires are set up a little different. sucks...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts