Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So basically I bought a used gsxr 750 about a month ago. Rode home and everything was good but the next morning the battery seemed to die. To this day even after i replaced the battery with a brand new one. It works fine if i jumpstart it with a car using cables but doesn't jump with my 750amp jump starter. The previous owner said that the owner before him installed some lighting kit and did the wiring himself so I was wondering if something related to that is causing the issue. I tried starting it today and idk how but it started just fine after not being started for about 5 days. I love the bike how it handles and everything and really tryna ride it this summer. Please help.

·
Premium Member
5,779 Posts
you may be better off removing any aftermarket wiring and repairing any damage or replacing harness to get it back to stock..

otherwise it may be headache after headache and very well the main reason why the bike was sold? once you get it back to stock check charging system, grounds, all of it..

a good upgrade for this gen is a mosfet R/R and direct to battery connection, roadstercycles sells the kits, well worth it good upgrade..

have to sort it, get it back to stock if possible, start from there

·
Premium Member
5,779 Posts
also, if you can afford new LED lighting all around that's a great upgrade as well, you can color the clocks too.. auction site sells all that, make sure you get cree hd50's for the headlights, big improvement kinda modernizes the bike and lets you be seen

1 - 4 of 4 Posts