Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
1,336 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
are the 2000 year 750 still carb'd? ive been looking for awhile now and cant find anything...i thought they were but im not sure. and while you are at it...tell me what you think about this bike...i have a chance to pick one up cheap.

·
Registered
215 Posts
I believe 98 was the first year, if not how can they make a PCIII for 98-99?

G

·
ghostgixer said:
are the 2000 year 750 still carb'd? ive been looking for awhile now and cant find anything...i thought they were but im not sure. and while you are at it...tell me what you think about this bike...i have a chance to pick one up cheap.
Suzuki stopped making the 1100 in 1999 and started the 1000 in 2001 so for Y2K specifically, they focused on the 750 and they did a nice job on it. I love it. It's the only bike I ever rode so I can't compare it to anything else. Of course the bike is 7 years old now but the 1/4 mile times are probably faster than the newest 750. :)

Attachments

·
Registered
1,475 Posts
I am NEVER selling my Y2K 750.

·
Registered
136 Posts
ive had 2 black/yellow 00 750's just like the one pictured above.. i wish i still had one of them just because that was a badass color combo and it had the most yellow on it for that year.. now i have a 06 black and yellow 750. i wouldnt "rather" have the 00 per say but id still like to have another 00 just to have one.

·
Registered
253 Posts
i love my 2000 750!
right now i run with a lot of cbr 600s and a few R6s...and my other friend has a Ducatti 749....the 750 is by far my favorite outta them..but gotta love the thinness of the ducatti

but if we are FI why do we have a choke?

·
Registered
1,475 Posts
Dubplaya said:
i love my 2000 750!
right now i run with a lot of cbr 600s and a few R6s...and my other friend has a Ducatti 749....the 750 is by far my favorite outta them..but gotta love the thinness of the ducatti

but if we are FI why do we have a choke?

Its a fast idle switch used to heat the bike up, and keep oil pressure up while the motor is cold/ 1st started. The new bikes have automatic fast idle properties.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.