Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
951 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got to tinkering with my EMS and decided to bump my timing +2 across the board. The seat of my pants dyno tells me it pulls good. Throttle response seems quite snappy.

I had a +4 fixed rotor sensor on my older SRAD 600 and it did it good. Got to reading that Factory Pro makes them for the 750 from 00-05 too .....so i thought i would just do the same with my EMS. I did only a +2, being factory pro did not state the advance of the product for the 750.

All seems good though, bike seems bit more snappy, and does start better. Hope to dyno test it soon and see how it does compared to standard timing.

·
Here is your "R"
6,926 Posts
Thanks ive been wanting to try that out, how hard are they to install and how much?

·
Registered
951 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well the fixed rotor design is a snap to put on. On most bikes you swap out the actual rotor, but on the GSXR you swap the sensor bracket. Basically the sensor is moves a few mm's one way and that causes it to be advanced. When i had my factory one i marked out the holes on my oem one and drilled it and mounted on another bike, worked as the factorypro but free.

I did my advance with my EMS on the timing grid , same as a PCIIIr.

Not sure if +2 or +4 is the prefered advance for the newer bikes but i went with +2 just to be safe until i get back at the dyno. Only reason i didn't test the advance last time is the dyno owner told me it does very little if anything, but all the reading im doing tells me otherwise. I did help my old SRAD's midrange on the dyno.

·
Registered
3,505 Posts
most gixxers ive seen on the dyno are happier at 2-3 degrees more. 4 seems to be the ragged edge of good or bad. the factory pros are either 2 or 4 depending on what you order. id go with the 2 if it was me. ive been meaning to buy it but im just so lazy it makes me sick.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts