Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Les lions Indomptables !
680 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My gearing is -2 +6 . supposedly, this is supposed to be a wheelie machine without even trying, but it has never lifted on me. What am i doing right ? :scratch

·
Premium Member
18,076 Posts
probably not being a jackass on the street :cheers

putting weight over the front, not dumping the clutch, shifting early, not pegging the throttle

·
Premium Member
529 Posts
My gearing is -2 +6 . supposedly, this is supposed to be a wheelie machine without even trying, but it has never lifted on me. What am i doing right ? :scratch
There must be either something wrong with your bike or your technique, my K2 is easy to power up in 1st or 2nd on std gearing, even more so with only going -1. -2 +6 should have your bike flipping in every gear.

·
Premium Member
3,277 Posts
you need some skillz to go with your gearing

·
Les lions Indomptables !
680 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
you need some skillz to go with your gearing
I agree. Haven't really tried. I posed the question because, everyone who has asked about my gearing usually has said that it must wheelie like crazy, so was just wondering why i haven't experienced that yet.

Maybe if i try, i will find out. :dunno

·
Premium Member
529 Posts
I'm surprised that thing hasn't lifted a front wheel with you yet. If I give mine a sniff of throttle in first it rises up. Give it a touch more and she'd loop me.

·
Registered
230 Posts
you must be a real easy rider. no hard acceleration, no clutch dumping, or purposely trying to bring the front end up. with that gear combo on a 1000 you sould be 12 o'clock n in every gear. is it stretched any? or do you have the bike lowered at all?

·
Registered
230 Posts
just a little....

thats funny. i know those lil bikes. they are cool as hell. wont run 30mph bt they will jump a house...well with out the 10ft swing arm there. i got a buddy who does that kinda raceing hes pretty good. that stuff is hard, you got to have balance and clutch control with that. whole lota skill required there.

·
Les lions Indomptables !
680 Posts
Discussion Starter #16 (Edited)
you must be a real easy rider. no hard acceleration, no clutch dumping, or purposely trying to bring the front end up. with that gear combo on a 1000 you sould be 12 o'clock n in every gear. is it stretched any? or do you have the bike lowered at all?
Bike is neither stretch nor lowered. I tried doing a power wheelie (1st gear) a few times over the last few days, but no luck, not even a few inches. Thought about it some more today; I tend to have my weight forward usually when i ride, so that's probably why its not lifting. At 160lbs and 6'1, i would think it should lift even with my weight forward. Riding with weight at the end of the seat is a little uncomfortable. Need to get adjustable rearsets. Here is the bike.... first one from the left.... black

Attachments

·
Premium Member
529 Posts
You could sit a gorilla on the front of that bike with the gearing you say it has and it would still flip. I've got the same brembo conversion kit on my bike, vast improvement over the stock 6 pots.

Seriously, there is something not right here. Can you photo the rear sprocket for us, or at least count the teeth on it. How does the bike accelerate compared to other bikes?

·
Registered
230 Posts
i agree with that kinda crazy gearing there's no way you are not doing wheelie's in 3rd gear, none the less with you trying to wheelie and doing it in 1st gear. something is drastically wrong with this picture. are you sure you are -2 +6? can you get a acurate count on the teath of atleast the rear sprocket for us

·
Registered
477 Posts
Maybe you screwed up and went +6 in the front and -2 in the back...

or maybe your twisting the wrong throttle...the left side doesn't do anything lol

I can power/clutch my 600 up when I had stock gearing...your doing something wrong!

Let one of your friends hop on it real quick and see what they can do, but don't get mad when they loop it...

·
Premium Member
488 Posts
Maybe you screwed up and went +6 in the front and -2 in the back...

or maybe your twisting the wrong throttle...the left side doesn't do anything lol

I can power/clutch my 600 up when I had stock gearing...your doing something wrong!

Let one of your friends hop on it real quick and see what they can do, but don't get mad when they loop it...
was going to say, if i sit back full throttle in 1st my 600 will come up on me with stock gearing.

1 - 20 of 50 Posts
About this Discussion
49 Replies
21 Participants
bueas
Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com
A forum community dedicated to the Suzuki GSX-R motorcycle. Discuss the GSX-R600, GSX-R750, GSX-R1000, and GSX-R1100, and more!
Full Forum Listing