Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After years of waiting I finally get to ride on the track. I'll be going to Streets of Willow with Hypercycle on Monday the 6th. I'm so crunk :punk . Unfortunately I'll be going by myself. I'm not going to let that stop me. I finally have the money, put in for a day of leave and took off from my second job. I finally get to experience this madness I read about all the time here on GDC. Like I said, I going by myself so if anyone is going and dont mind a track newbie hangin around asking a bunch of questions, let me know. As well as any pointers you track vets may have would be greatly appreciated. Alright I have babbled enough. I'll keep yall posted.:D

·
Registered
16,168 Posts
Get a Good nights sleep Sunday, and start Hydrating Now!...drink lots of h2o, gatoraid, ect..and make to bring some with ya..also you'll need to bring something to eat...:D

Also, this weekend, give your bike a through going over..check fasteners, chain slack, water, and oil level ect...and air up your tires Sunday, I usually put 4-5 lbs more air the your suppose to, that way you can deflate to the proper pressure at the track...

Should Chilly there in the early am, so the tires will tend to read low..i.e. last Friday, what started as 33 lbs in each tire was reduced to 27lbs at the track.. :eek:hmy

Anyways, get there, relax, ride and have fun..:punk

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I already been hydrating. I am planning on leaving Sunday night and sleep in my SUV outside the gates I guess so I can be there at a good time Monday morning. I've been told its only about 3 hours from where I am (Camp Pendleton), but you know how it is when you are driving somewhere you never been. I plan on spending all day Saturday prepping my bike. Do you have a list of some other things I might need to bring. Right now I plan on bringing:
Gatoraid
Extra Tape
The wife will pack some food
Tire pressure guage
Tools
Extra fuel, about 5 gallons
Of course all my riding gear

I'm sure its some stuff I am forgetting, so let me know if there is anything else I should bring. Thanks alot for your help. Man I can't wait. I feel like a little kid waiting for Christmas.

·
Registered
16,168 Posts
GIXXER-PITBULL said:
I already been hydrating. I am planning on leaving Sunday night and sleep in my SUV outside the gates I guess so I can be there at a good time Monday morning. I've been told its only about 3 hours from where I am (Camp Pendleton), but you know how it is when you are driving somewhere you never been. I plan on spending all day Saturday prepping my bike. Do you have a list of some other things I might need to bring. Right now I plan on bringing:
Gatoraid
Extra Tape
The wife will pack some food
Tire pressure guage
Tools
Extra fuel, about 5 gallons
Of course all my riding gear

I'm sure its some stuff I am forgetting, so let me know if there is anything else I should bring. Thanks alot for your help. Man I can't wait. I feel like a little kid waiting for Christmas.

That should do..I have some stuff that I always bring, plus if you need something, chances are someone has it..:D

CYA there....:punk

·
Registered
1,338 Posts
And it wouldn't hurt to bring some Chapstick and somthing to keep your face shield from fogging up. Also grab some Ensure for Greg, he ain't exactly a kid.

·
Registered
16,168 Posts
Philbie said:
And it wouldn't hurt to bring some Chapstick and somthing to keep your face shield from fogging up. Also grab some Ensure for Greg, he ain't exactly a kid.
Funny, very funny....:phhht

Oh, and Phil, don't forget to keep your supply of Depends up...:flipoff :D

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I am officially a track head I haven't stop talking about it since I got back. It was the shit. Thanks for all the help Hammer. When I applied what you told me I got my knee down coming through the skid pad. I have never felt so comfortable on my bike. I felt like my riding got better with each session. No matter how tired I was I went out every session. When I was on the track I wouldn't feel a bit of tiredness. I loved it. I am already looking to plan my next one. It was nice meeting you Hammer . Again thanks for the tips. I look forward to posting and reading about more trackdays on here now that I am a track addict.

·
Registered
16,168 Posts
GIXXER-PITBULL said:
I am officially a track head I haven't stop talking about it since I got back. It was the shit. Thanks for all the help Hammer. When I applied what you told me I got my knee down coming through the skid pad. I have never felt so comfortable on my bike. I felt like my riding got better with each session. No matter how tired I was I went out every session. When I was on the track I wouldn't feel a bit of tiredness. I loved it. I am already looking to plan my next one. It was nice meeting you Hammer . Again thanks for the tips. I look forward to posting and reading about more trackdays on here now that I am a track addict.
Right on brutha...:cheers Glad I could help..

·
Registered
481 Posts
Awesome!!! Streets is a track I will definitely return to...my first time there was 2/3 Nov. Turn 2 and turn 8...NIIIIIIICE !!! What am I saying...all of them !!! Glad you enjoyed, Pitbull...and kept it safe and at a comfortable pace. It is so amazing how you improve every single session...always something to work on. I really like going for 2 consecutive days...really get dialed in on the 2nd day.

GL.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Nice! So when are you going again? :D

Do to the holidays and a 3 month course I have to go through in 29 Palms in January, I won't be able to go back until April. I have to take a leave of absence from my second job while I attend the course. Thats how I have to support my habit. This summer I plan to do at least one track day a month. Now there are two things thats always on my mind, Sex and Track Days.:biggrin

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.