Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought my 1st bike a month ago, 05 600 red/blk,almost 400mi. on it, and I want to start making performance upgrades. I'm a car guy and new to bikes so i'm not sure whrere to start other than exhaust and power commander, what else should i look to upgrade? They already perform so well? Any info. would be appreciated.

·
Registered
431 Posts
buy some track time, youll get alot faster alot quicker then buying parts, save your money to replace parts when your brand new bike goes down, how much riding expereince did you have before you bought a brand new gixxer? if you must spend money on trick parts, get the best gear you can and stick with appearance parts until you could actually use the extra performance effectivly

·
Bearded Viking Admin...
131,133 Posts
+1 on track days and gear - and some frame sliders if you don't have them...

·
Jurassic Skool
79,800 Posts
Being new to bikes, you won't be discovering the limits of performance of that bike in stock trim any time soon. Nor will you get to the limits on the street. If you're set on spending coin, take a look at better tires, s/s lines and better brake pads, set up the suspension and/or upgrade it. Think 'better handling equals better performance'. A lot of performance gains are between the ears. Get some more saddle time to appreciate the handling it already has.

Maybe bling it out with some trick parts, undertail, etc... Definitely invest in some frame sliders if you don't have them yet.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts