Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3,895 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It's late and I'm hittin' the sack. Just wanted to share my day with ya'all... I managed a best of 11.037 ET @ 128.71mph. It was overcast and humid and everyone was kinda slow all day. I kept wheelie-ing like crazy too. Best 60' time was 2.025. The only other vehicle there that ran better was a `91 GSXR 1000 and his best was a 10.819. I got vid clips and pics and stuff to post later but I figured if the only time I got beat was by a newer gix, then I did OK. Or at least not bad for a 13 year-old girl's bike with 45,000 miles on the clock.

·
Registered
463 Posts
Originally posted by FastCat:
The only other vehicle there that ran better was a `91 GSXR 1000 and his best was a 10.819.
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Hmmmm.....Was that a '91 GSXR1100 or a '01 GSXR1000?

·
Banned
3,509 Posts
Originally posted by FastCat:
not bad for a 13 year-old girl's bike
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">I'm sure glad my gixxer is sort of dead. I'd hate to get beat by a girl!

You don't have a logo that says "if you beat me you can...um, well, you know
"

·
Registered
221 Posts
Congrats fastcat! What is the elevation at the track? We don't do a whole lot of quarter mile down south here but I have been running a lot of 1/8 mile. My best so far is a 5.68
with a 1.36
60 ft. Last night best was a 5.76 with a 1.41 60 ft. Now if i could get that 60 ft down in the high 1.20's and get on the spray a little sooner......... well I need to do alot more prep and TLC to get it down there I need to lower it another 2" and stretch it another 3" get a one piece body and fuel cell, lower the seat hieght another 6", I just spent alot of money wishing didn't I? While we are at it might as well weld up the rear and add some wheelie bars, and chunk the old 1255 into a street bike and pop in a fresh 1371 billet big block......... BB WATERCOOL(Dwayne), is your credit card machine primed and ready??????????????????????????????

·
Registered
3,895 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Originally posted by Wolf1100L:
</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Originally posted by FastCat:
The only other vehicle there that ran better was a `91 GSXR 1000 and his best was a 10.819.
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Hmmmm.....Was that a '91 GSXR1100 or a '01 GSXR1000?
</font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Um, yeah... `01 ...what's a decade between friends?

The best 1/8th time was 7.272 @ 106.9mph ...we're in Bremerton, so I'm pretty sure the altitude was not over 60'. My motor is bone-stock with the exception of a jet-kit, hindle 4-2-1 and 3' advance on the ignition. The suspension is bone-stock too; I didn't even bother backing the preload off on the front or rear as they just let us line-up and run and immediately line-up again and I didn't wanna stop for some silly wrench-turning
I can definitely see where a longer swingarm and lowering would help a lot... but then I'd be hatin' it today for our ride down the goat-trails on the southside of St. Helen's.
Can't have it all. ...besides, carrying the front wheel all through 1st just impressed the hell outta all the car guys.

PS- Simon: the only sticker I have on the bike says: "Girls KICK ASS"

[ 10-05-2002, 08:24 AM: Message edited by: FastCat ]

·
YAAFM Mod
3,016 Posts
I think its great that you went out and gave it a go. Now Pingle makes some bolt on wheelie bars... and if you get a 88 1100 18 in rear wheel (so it matches the front in looks) with a slick...You could put all this on in about an hour and do it every weekend! I love to race in any venue (4 roadraces a year, at least 4/5 drags) when my MSF teaching allows (8 weekends this summer) but I find I get more joy at watching my Buddies race.
Bones

·
Registered
3,895 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Okies...

I got some vid-clips just in case anyone's interested...

fastest pass all day (not me)

my personal best (yeah, I beat the fast guy - he missed second)

my joeypsychos impression

...sorry everything is in realplayer format... I can't get the damn .wmv codec to work right with my software
...anyways, enjoy!

PS_ Bones: I *might* end up with a track-bike next summer... but I like my current gix as a street ride too much to go messing around with it for a once-in-a-while raceday.

·
Registered
3,895 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
OK... just in case anyone is at all interested... a friend of mine took all the video-clips and put them into a 6-minute vid with music soundtrack and everything... not like I'm uber-stunt-goddess or anything, but I think it came out pretty good.

www.tearnet.com/interceptor/video/whatadrag-mid.wmv

56K beware: it's a 25MB file. (the quality is pretty good though)

[ 10-11-2002, 02:10 PM: Message edited by: FastCat ]

·
Registered
249 Posts
Cat,,,,,,,,,, Vid was pretty sweet!

good job!

Even for a chick.....LOL

1 - 9 of 9 Posts