Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey,
I'm new to the forum. I am in the need of advice in the leathers department. I really like the Alpinestars Julie 1pc suit, but is this a practical choice?

I don't do track days yet, I do a fair bit of street driving though, full day trips, and short trips. Right now I am in an A*'s textile, drystar pants, smx boots, and sp2 gloves. I reeeeeeaaaaly want leathers as an option. But I am stuck on whether to go with a jacket and pants, or to go with a 1pc suit. I love the look of a 1pc, very neat and clean, and safe.

Any girls (or guys for that matter) on the street in a 1pc? What do you think?

·
Registered
1,879 Posts
Hey,
I'm new to the forum. I am in the need of advice in the leathers department. I really like the Alpinestars Julie 1pc suit, but is this a practical choice?

I don't do track days yet, I do a fair bit of street driving though, full day trips, and short trips. Right now I am in an A*'s textile, drystar pants, smx boots, and sp2 gloves. I reeeeeeaaaaly want leathers as an option. But I am stuck on whether to go with a jacket and pants, or to go with a 1pc suit. I love the look of a 1pc, very neat and clean, and safe.

Any girls (or guys for that matter) on the street in a 1pc? What do you think?
I'm sorry I don't speak from experience as I don't have a one piece leather suit but I also drool over that Julie 1pc!!! I have been told that it probably won't fit me though because I am tall and would be better off with a men's one piece suit.

But today I am actually picking up Scorpion leathers. It is two separate pieces and they don't necessarily match but they are leather and very nice. They are half the price of the A* suit (1pc or 2pc) and the dealership I am getting them from price matched sportbike track gear's website! Below are the links. I'll let you know how they work out.

http://stores.sportbiketrackgear.com/Detail.bok?no=4086

http://stores.sportbiketrackgear.com/Detail.bok?no=4089

I have A* GP Plus gloves and A* SMX-4 boots so I eventually want to go with an A* suit but don't have the funds quite yet!

·
Registered
129 Posts
if you decide to get jacket + pants try to get some that will zip together.

·
Premium Member
117,182 Posts
I have ran separate pieces, two piece suit, and one piece suit.

Separate pieces for the street are OK for daily use. But if you are wanting true safety, for canyons and such as well, a designed two piece for the street is the way to go. At least then when you do stop you can take the jacket off.

For the track, cant beat a one piece though. Much more comfortable, and even slightly safer still.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks guys - still trying to make up my mind. It would be a lot easier if there was a decent selection of womens gear to try on in Atlantic Canada. But I'm flying blind. I'm leaning towards the 1pc at the moment .

Buster - I'm 5'3 and 100 lbs; looking thinner isn't a concern :lol

·
Registered
418 Posts
Two piece suit cause if you're out on a 200+ mile ride and need to take a dump when wearing a one piece then your gonna have to get nekkid... If you do, post pics please...LoL

·
Premium Member
117,182 Posts
GUYS......... the last two of you are dancing a fine line :ban

This is in the GIRLS forum

·
Premium Member
6,756 Posts
Thanks guys - still trying to make up my mind. It would be a lot easier if there was a decent selection of womens gear to try on in Atlantic Canada. But I'm flying blind. I'm leaning towards the 1pc at the moment .

Buster - I'm 5'3 and 100 lbs; looking thinner isn't a concern :lol
Where in Canada is that? I know I've checked lot's of places across Canada to even order from so I could try on and not pay a arm and leg to return to the states and then pay again to ship back the same size.

Any place that gets from Parts Canada can get stuff in a couple of days and good places won't charge you re-stocking fee if it's wrong size.

Other then that the link I posted to STG just click on the one piece womans suit for $699 and it will give you a good WOMANS size chart to work with for that suit.

I know I'm not a woman, but I feel your pain in trying to find a place in Canada that stocks suits.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I am in Nova Scotia. I've been basically everywhere in Nova Scotia and New Bruinswick that supposedly have a "good women's" selection. Wrong. I have a guy about 5 minutes away that deals with Part Canada that always gives good prices to me, but Parts Canada doesn't carry the full Alpinestars line, and even what they do carry sometimes doesn't come in all color options/sizes. They carry the Julie suit, but only in white and in a handful of sizes.

Anyway, I have found someone in BC that seems super easy to deal with, which is better than dealing with US retailers - no duty. I'd rather buy local, but if you can't, you can't.

Might as well call this my introduction thread. I drove my 09 250 ninja all season, which is now up for sale. I borrow/steal my fiance's 07 gsxr 600 often, which is why my Ninja is for sale. ha. I'm upgrading to a gsxr 600 as soon as my bike sells. They are stored for the winter now.

A couple pictures : My Rottweiler and I:

Playing in a parking lot - early spring.

Dressed warm for a late Fall ride:

·
Premium Member
6,756 Posts
If this isn't the place you found, Bayside Performance in BC is a good place, I deal with them. The website says no returns or exchanges on clothing but just phone them ask for Julian and explain your situation. They are suppose to be expanding and are going to start stocking more A* stuff. Anyway good luck with your search.

http://www.baysideperformance.ca/

·
Registered
14 Posts
Hey everyone....new here but try Pannon Motorsports (Google it)...Robert is the shop owner and they are located in Streetsville, Ontario but ship anywhere...the leather is great quality and the price you pay is good as well....over at the GTA Forum there are tons of reviews.....

1 - 16 of 16 Posts