Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

· Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
any body have a problem when wheeling a k5 1k , this is the only bike i have ever had this problem with, its no problem bringing the front up just that as it comes up it seem,s to pull badly to the right, it almost fall,s to the right so bad you have to put it down, if your real quick its not so bad, any ideas as its pissing me off real bad . once at balance point its ok , just that getting it there is a nightmare, im clutching it up and im very competent and stunting

· Premium Member
72,646 Posts
sounds like your rear wheel is off alignment.

· Registered
187 Posts
I was told by my dealer with having a slipper clutch it makes it harder to do.

· Premium Member
72,646 Posts
well its not hard to count the notches on the swinging arm , but any ideas would be helpfull
the notches are notoriously inaccurate

use the string or rod method to get it right
never go by the notches, always measure.

· Registered
902 Posts
wow - i've been riding/fixing/racing/stunting bikes for years, and never heard of the rod/string method... i've always gone by the notches... i'm so sheltered! lol

· GSX-R Enthusiast
1,882 Posts
measure and remeasure the damn notches are not a good indicator as soon as you adjust from factory the lower and top notch never match.. just measure it
Ahhh and there in lies the key to maintaining the factory alignment as you adjust the chain. Always mark the adjuster bolts before making your first adjustment and keep the turns of the bolts and the marks consistent to an adjacent mark or point as you turn the bolts equally. This keeps the bolts at an equal distance from their original position and maintains the amount of turns you make, keeping the wheel square. So long as it was square from the factory. If you remove the bolts or loose track of the original position when comparing the two sides then you have to re-measure to square the wheel back up against the frame to be sure.

· Registered
8 Posts
Hey Jeep, I was actually adjusting my alignment today. My k5 has about 600 miles, and just started pulling the front tire up. It pulls to the right real bad. I was very surprised as to how much it pulled. The notches in the back were half a notch off, but it felt like it was way more than that. I'll be visiting my dealer pretty soon to have an alignment done.

· Premium Member
2,507 Posts
You aren't actually going to the dealer to align the rear are you???

· Registered
53 Posts
I havent tried to wheeliemine yet partly becasue I havent wheelied in years. But I noticed that when I was breaking in the engine on the final set. In third gear at 100-110 when the rpm hit 10k the front end starting to go up. My last bike never did that, I still have so much to learn about the K5.

· Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
i had my wheel ligned up on the notches and i have just take the mesurement from the rear of the swinging arm to the square alloy spacers, its quite a way out, i have now realigned it bu mesuring it an it shows that the notches are not at all ligned up, i hope this is correct but i may have it checked by an expert to make sure its correct, cheers for all your help

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.