Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone! I'm starting to have a pretty heavy leak on my fuel pump gasket on my 1999 gsxr 750. I remove the pump yesterday and cleaned everything, used black RTV along with the gasket let it cured for 16hrs and filled it up with gas, still leaking.

Anyone know a way to temporarily fix the leak? I can't source a gasket localy (all shop in the province are B.O. on this) and I need to order it from ebay (10 days). Summers in Quebec are really short and sport bike registration are really expensive (2000$ a year + insurance) so losing my bike for 2 weeks is inconceivable for me!

Any inputs would be appreciated.

Thanks folks!

·
Premium Member
5,004 Posts
welp, its very difficult to tell without having it in hand but how is the tank mating surface? have the mount bolts been over torqued leaving a roller coaster surface where the bolts go?

if so find a flat steel block and smooth face hammer and use a sort steel ruler to gauge it as you tap it flat again, then how warbled is the pump mating surface, might have to do the same here..

then what shape is the gasket in and what type do you have, there is the rubber seal on its own then there is a plate with a rubber seal vulcanized to it..

if you get both surfaces flat, clean out the grooves the rubber gasket goes into, then use the torque sequence and torque spec in the service manual with the right RVT sealant in the right spot yo should be able to get a temporary seal for a while, I've had em last a season or two..

pics?

·
Premium Member
5,004 Posts
just to clarify I don't mean there are 2 seals at the same time, there are 2 different styles, the original design is just an oval rubber gasket, the updated is rubber vulcanized to a plate, curious which style you have, the rubber alone is prone to leakage why it was updated by suzuki

1 - 4 of 4 Posts