Made a deal for a 98 tlr as the title says. 24k miles. Blue/white/blue
Yosh rs3 full exhaust
galpher brake/clutch lines
Frame sliders front/rear
Tinted db windscreen
bar ends
fender elem
Flush mounted front signals

So far I love the torque and ridability.

I am missing the solo cowl and if anyone has one plz hit me up.

·
Registered
1,958 Posts
Nice I still want one.

·
Registered
428 Posts
When you're shopping around for a cowl, make sure you get one for your specific year. There were changes over the years to the width of the stripe on the cowl. I had a 2001 TL1000R in blue and white and picked up one of the older cowls because it looked exactly the same in the picture...except the stripe on the cowl did not match up with the tail.

Nice bike, they're a ton of fun and the sound :drool . If you ever get serious into tracking it, ditch that rotary damper thing for a standard shock. It's fine for street driving though.

·
Banned
29,644 Posts
I put nearly 5k on my TLR this season. The rear damper SOAS is fine. If I ever do track days, I may want to change to an Ohlins, but $$$$$$

·
Juggernaut FTRMC
440 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Back from ntc.

It handles well although its a might heavier and it shows when cornering. I do miss the flickableness of the 420lbs k7 but im 90% more on tlr. Everything else is better.

·
Registered
519 Posts
I love it. I have had a couple v twins (Rc51 and Sv650S) and I love the drive they give with the low end grunt. And nothing really beats the sound of a vtwin with a good set of pipes. I bet those Yoshi's sound amazing.

On a side note, did you know that the original power commander was made for the TL. It was the first bike it was ever avilable for. Granted, it was for the TLS. But that bike had some very bad manners.

·
Registered
519 Posts
Hey Professor, I just noticed you are down in Lacey. I am up the road a bit in Federal way. nother guy on here is from I think mount lake terrace. Theres also a military guy with a KTM from Tacoma. We should all get together sometime.
:cheers

·
Banned
29,644 Posts
I love it. I have had a couple v twins (Rc51 and Sv650S) and I love the drive they give with the low end grunt. And nothing really beats the sound of a vtwin with a good set of pipes. I bet those Yoshi's sound amazing.

On a side note, did you know that the original power commander was made for the TL. It was the first bike it was ever avilable for. Granted, it was for the TLS. But that bike had some very bad manners.

Less talking, more pichers!!

1 - 20 of 39 Posts
About this Discussion
38 Replies
15 Participants
PartsOutlaw.com
Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com
A forum community dedicated to the Suzuki GSX-R motorcycle. Discuss the GSX-R600, GSX-R750, GSX-R1000, and GSX-R1100, and more!
Full Forum Listing